Jake Y.'s Raptor Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LvRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the cut rear fenders, looks like a good angle of departure! Did Sdhq cut the fenders as well and if so how much?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jake Y.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys i'm really looking forward to having the truck back!

Sorry, no dyno results, but the headers were a VERY appreciable difference. Still have the stock muffler so its not real loud either.

The cut out is for my new rear bumper/tire carrier.

And yes SDHQ cut the bedsides in the rear, not sure what it cost cause they did it while fabbing the bumper but if you give them a call theyd be happy to answer any questions for ya.

OP
OP
Jake Y.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So guys, went out for the first round of dirt testing today to get the shocks dialed in. I am absolutely blown away! The performance is even better than i expected, and the only unhappy situation is that the front just cant keep up. After a couple adjustments the shocks were working very well and i was hitting terrain faster and with more confidence than i ever had before. She stays stable over the worst i could find and the light racing bumpstops make bottoming a much less painful experience. Look for some videos soon! Here are some teaser pics, the truck isnt wrapped up yet (paint, vinyl, inner fender liners and a couple other little things) but damn did i have a good time today. Cant wait to have my baby back for good.

MEMO0039.jpg
MEMO0038.jpg
MEMO0037.jpg
MEMO0036.jpg
MEMO0035.jpg
MEMO0034.jpg

More info/ride impressions to come but i had to share the taste i got today.

OP
OP
Jake Y.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The duallies are sold, and the deavers may be for sale? i need a couple of days to see what my dad decides (he may be getting a raptor of his own so i might give them to him). you need 'em?

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The duallies are sold, and the deavers may be for sale? i need a couple of days to see what my dad decides (he may be getting a raptor of his own so i might give them to him). you need 'em?
Yeah I'm not in a big hurry. I have a few other things to get fixed/sorted out on my truck as well first.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's really an impressive build Jake! I compliment you and SDHQ for the (tons) of work done on your Raptor. Very impressive.

I haven't seen a "cantilever rear end" like that before. Is that a popular design in the offroad world?

Frivol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the bumper, did you notice any flex in the frame, and if you dont mind do you know abotu how much that alone would have cost or was it a neccesseity for your set up?

OP
OP
Jake Y.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan- Its not run-of-the-mill but it definitely has a presence. It is the preferred method of getting long travel numbers while keeping the bed.

Frivol- It was all done at the same time so im not sure on exact prices, give the guys at sdhq a call and aske 'em!