Jack Stands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no complaints with my harbor freight items, used them through many vehicles over the years. No need for something extra fancy (and pricey), it’s a jackstand…
i have the harbor freight 4 ton jack (very similia to the snap on, but 1/4 of the price) i also have their new 6 ton jackstands. i held onto the old 6 ton jack stands from when they had their recall hoping they would get new ones in. finally 4 years later they got them. since i didnt use them much they were almost brand new. walked into harbor freight earlier this year with the old jack stands and asked about the recall on them. they swapped them out on the spot. new ones definitely look better and the extra locking pin helps

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a set of caterpillar heavy equipment jack stands. I am in the construction business and we are required to replace equipment every 5 years. They threw this set in the dumpster and now they are in my garage. Work really well for sure.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no complaints with my harbor freight items, used them through many vehicles over the years. No need for something extra fancy (and pricey), it’s a jackstand…
Just make sure they weren’t part of that big recall they had last year.

Probably all made by the same facility anyways.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just make sure they weren’t part of that big recall they had last year.

Probably all made by the same facility anyways.
there were 2 recalls starting in 2018. the replacement ones were recalled and harbor freight pulled the product altogether after that. they didnt have 6 ton jack stands for a couple years.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got 3 ton Canadian Tire jack stands from way back. I also use scissor jacks for extra support if I need it. I got a floor also - 3 ton.

I was skeptical about QuickJack - I just got tired of rolling around on the floor. I’m impressed - it’s well made and holds the vehicle solid. I plan on getting taller jack stands just in case.

A6BEA5AA-0577-4B04-819F-85F7E36A8324.jpeg

Got the kids car in service:

E72CA446-8234-4BD4-9663-675B7ADFECDC.jpeg

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Harbor freight has the Daytona 6 ton jack stands and they have a 10% off coupon running this weekend so I picked up a set. My 4 ton craftsman were getting the job done on tire rotations but they were on loan from a friend. The 3 ton stands are on sale this weekend for $35 which is pretty cheap. Just an FYI for those that are browsing.