IWE Vacuum repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the can down the highway noise a or so ago.....but now the 4A will pop back to 2 whenever it feels like it. Is that also an indicator of bad IWEs?

Those 2 systems are both controlled by the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) but other than that they are unrelated. An IWE issue will not cause the T-case to change modes, as the TCCM does not have any feedback sensors in the IWE system to indicate whether the IWEs are properly engaged or disengaged.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those 2 systems are both controlled by the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) but other than that they are unrelated. An IWE issue will not cause the T-case to change modes, as the TCCM does not have any feedback sensors in the IWE system to indicate whether the IWEs are properly engaged or disengaged.

Turns out.... It the 4a was on and off because I was going from sport to 4a. So when going to sport while in 4a it would pop down to 2.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s a definite development opportunity for Ford. Either divorce the transfer case change from the drive mode change between normal and sport or allow customization of the drive mode. This can’t be good for the life of the actuator... Oh and give me last drive mode retention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter