Issues with MPH Reading Using Waze in SYNC 3......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,
I use Waze quite a bit around town and on trips. On my Raptor, I've noticed that my readings between my Speedo and the MPH reading on the Waze screen has been off for about 6 months now, since an update was done to my SYNC 3 software. When I'm doing 75(Speedo), it reads 85(Waze). When I'm doing 45(Speedo), it reads about 50(Waze). Looks like a calculating error in SYNC 3 Apple Carplay, when interacting with Waze.

Passed several DPS doing 75(Speedo)/ 85(Waze) in a 75 zone with no pull-overs from Utah, and I've used it on 10-12 rental cars since then for business and all of those vehicles were accurate, so I'm quite sure it is Waze interacting with my AppleCarplay incorrectly and Waze doesn't need to be calibrated.

Anyone else experiencing this issue with their trucks?

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's an app that tells you where police are at, wrecks are at, stalled/broke down cars are at on side of the road. also tracks your speed vs the designated speed limit for where you are at.

edit: to the OP I'm not sure but I do remember another thread regarding same issue on this forum

Birdnutz

Reaction score
I had the problem in an Expedition but with the new app update the mph is accurate.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same. Multiple phones and different versions of IOS. Have seen a conversation on the Apple support site too. Seems to be Ford specific problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MinGrey02Stg2

Reaction score
I would assume the mph reading from Waze is from the phone's GPS. Are your tires the same circumference as stock?

MDD

Reaction score
All,
I use Waze quite a bit around town and on trips. On my Raptor, I've noticed that my readings between my Speedo and the MPH reading on the Waze screen has been off for about 6 months now, since an update was done to my SYNC 3 software. When I'm doing 75(Speedo), it reads 85(Waze). When I'm doing 45(Speedo), it reads about 50(Waze). Looks like a calculating error in SYNC 3 Apple Carplay, when interacting with Waze.

Passed several DPS doing 75(Speedo)/ 85(Waze) in a 75 zone with no pull-overs from Utah, and I've used it on 10-12 rental cars since then for business and all of those vehicles were accurate, so I'm quite sure it is Waze interacting with my AppleCarplay incorrectly and Waze doesn't need to be calibrated.

Anyone else experiencing this issue with their trucks?

just took my 2018 in for some warranty issues they updated the tranny and sync 3. Waze is now accurate.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this on occasion. Not all the time... Freaked me out first time it happened. I was wondering which number was right the whole 4 hour trip.