Issues with MPH Reading Using Waze in SYNC 3......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OGRE

Reaction score
I have had the same issue. The app is accurate as long as it is not plugged into the truck. I tried using the apple cord to plug into truck (didn't matter). Tried downloading the app again (same issue). Hope the sync update would help (it didn't). Still looking for fix.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a sync 3 update - v19025 I believe that fixes the issue. I had the +10mph and this update fixed it. It isn't waze, it's ford.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issue. The app is accurate as long as it is not plugged into the truck. I tried using the apple cord to plug into truck (didn't matter). Tried downloading the app again (same issue). Hope the sync update would help (it didn't). Still looking for fix.
Having same issues with mine as OP

If I unplug the phone the Waze MPH goes back to reading correct, plug it back into Sync and its off ( High) again. Must be a sync issue

gdestiny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note: Ford cars with Sync 3 v3.0 & pre-my18.5 (some) vehicles will show Waze Carplay speedometer readings higher than actual & higher than the car Speedometer - when the iPhone is connected to Carplay.
Waze (and other apps with the speed feature) can only get speed readings from Apple's Carplay API and that data primarily comes from the Ford sync 3 system to apples Carplay api.
Current v3.0 sync 3 versions sends inaccurate (higher) speed readings to Carplay - and that's why Waze shows a higher incorrect speed on these Ford cars (eg. 65mph shows as around 76 mph).
The issue lies with Ford and not with Waze. The fix needs to come from a Ford sync v3.0 update issued by Ford.
They are working on an "official" v3.0 update to be released in the future to resolve this. (version number higher than 19000).
So need to wait for that to be released.

Ford cars with Sync v3.3 or higher (my18.5 and newer) latest updates should have this fix implemented.

v3.2+ updates cannot be installed on cars with v3.0 (yet) due to hardware differences.

If you have a Ford car, this is the cause or your issue.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OGRE, did the same thing and same outcome....