Is this rust underneath concerning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

C7M7

Reaction score
I can’t find any other rust under a Raptor that would be concerning and I’m waiting for my arrival. Is the picture above concerning at all? When accepting delivery of my Raptor what areas under the truck should I check for rust? Can I refuse delivery of the truck aka the purchase of the truck if it hasn’t been paid in full? I only agreed to put a deposit down to hold the truck but have already signed the bill of sale

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That just looks like mild surface rust, which is normal on frame and chassis components. I wouldn’t be concerned with it at all.

Leaf springs appear to be aftermarket though.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhhhh yeah, what rust? Lol. That’s all VERY mild surface rust. Won’t cause any issues at all. But as “FTO” stated, those are Deaver leaf springs! The Deaver springs MAY have slightly more surface rust build up only because the coating they apply is poor.

OP
OP
C

C7M7

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I’m accepting my Raptor this upcoming week what sort of rust should I look for underneath for concerning issues?