Is this a good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big_Tron

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I posted on the 2013 Forum last time about the negotiations. Been working with a few dealers and the deals are pretty close. One dealership was going to give me for 1% above invoice, but turns out their quota for the year was met so that was a no go. In my town I found a place that will give it to me at MSRP (45,610 here) and then a decent amount for my trade in. My Volvo C30 is worth 13K good condition trade in value on KBB and I got them down to 34,900 out the door for the truck. Does everything think this is a decent deal? So far this is the best deal i've received after working with about 8 dealerships in 3 states! Just wanted to check before I actually went there and put the deposit down to get it built.

P.S. This is for a 2014 Base model Raptor being built brand new from the factory

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I posted on the 2013 Forum last time about the negotiations. Been working with a few dealers and the deals are pretty close. One dealership was going to give me for 1% above invoice, but turns out their quota for the year was met so that was a no go. In my town I found a place that will give it to me at MSRP (45,610 here) and then a decent amount for my trade in. My Volvo C30 is worth 13K good condition trade in value on KBB and I got them down to 34,900 out the door for the truck. Does everything think this is a decent deal? So far this is the best deal i've received after working with about 8 dealerships in 3 states! Just wanted to check before I actually went there and put the deposit down to get it built.

P.S. This is for a 2014 Base model Raptor being built brand new from the factory

Scab? Not a bad price!

OP
OP
B

Big_Tron

Reaction score
Yeah Scab, I love the look of them! My buddy said to hop on it so i'm thinkin about it. It's everything that I want and brand new so that makes the deal even sweeter!

Cobra Jay

Banned
Reaction score
I was quoted $42,469 for a base SCab. What i think is a good deal, and what someone else thinks is a good deal may be way off. If that's what you want and you feel its a good price, I'd go for it

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not a good deal for a base scab. You should be able to get 2k off MSRP Min. I'm paying about 47,500 for a fully loaded scab.

OP
OP
B

Big_Tron

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the responses. My goal was to get to $30K total with my trade in and with the math I did i'm getting above blue book for my Volvo and total for about $32K (damn taxes!). So far this is the best deal that i've found so i'll shoot a couple more emails but i'm fairly certain that i'm going to take this deal and get it ordered.

Cobra Jay

Banned
Reaction score
I was also quoted 48900 for a SCab with 801a, F&R camera, Power moon roof & Blue accent interior.

MOST dealers around here wanted MSRP and not a penny less. I found one who was willing to go $800 off sticker because I was a Ford employee and a prior customer and one who would do -$2,000 because I'm a USAA member, BUT I had to buy the one off their lot that was stickered at $58K+

OP
OP
B

Big_Tron

Reaction score
Yeah that's one thing I have noticed about the Raptor. Talking to the dealers they've told me they have a quota on Raptors so it would make sense why they all buy the most souped up Raptors that they could buy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc