Is there such a thing as true dual?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sidram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was a little uncalled-for. 6.2 may not have a raptor but he sure as hell knows more about them then most of us..he was giving his opinion of a "true" duel which I agree with his opinion.
:supergay:

It is MY OPIION if your worried about hurting 6.2 feelings go over to the zzzzzzzzz with the other cry babies.

As far as 6.2 knowing more than "most of us" shows what a rocket scientist you are. Thanks for reminding me why I dont come to this board much any more.

Banned
Reaction score
If that's how you feel, then go ahead and don't come here often.
You didn't read my post, got set straight, in an un-rude manner, and the thread has moved on.

If that's not up to your standards, so be it. Move right along.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:supergay:

It is MY OPIION if your worried about hurting 6.2 feelings go over to the zzzzzzzzz with the other cry babies.

As far as 6.2 knowing more than "most of us" shows what a rocket scientist you are. Thanks for reminding me why I dont come to this board much any more.

Don't let the door hit you in the ***.. Have A Nice Day.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gentlemen. Where I come from a simple misunderstanding or difference of opinion is not grounds for divorce.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always thought the X pipe was for evening out the compression on the motor. IMO if the pipe gos from the front to the back witch is the same size with out converting to one pipe it is true dual.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I'm going to do my usual against-the-grain, upstream, nonconformist thing here. Those of you who have spent hundreds on cat-backs and more than a thousand on headers will probably not appreciate this, but please be assured that I am not trying to hack you off. I simply have a different opinion and a conservative approach. With that said...

I can identify nothing in particular wrong with the factory exhaust system on my 2011 6.2L. It sounds awesome when I put my foot in it. It doesn't drone when I don't have my foot in it. It passes gas just fine. Maybe it's heavy, but the truck weighs 6,006 pounds, so if I lose a couple pounds from the exhaust it makes absolutely no difference in terms of weight. A cat back system might get me a couple bhp at WOT, but the amount of time I spend at WOT is all but zero. There appears to be absolutely nothing wrong with the factory tubes, so the very most I'd do is replace the factory muffler with a Magnaflow #12388 muffler, and I haven't managed to convince myself that I need to do even that.

I'm all about fixing and modifying things that need it, but I'm also a don't-fix-it-if-it-ain't-broke kind of minimalist. Read the mods I've done to my truck and you'll see that I'm not particularly shy about it, but I haven't seen the need to mod the exhaust. If somebody has before and after dyno runs with the only change being a cat-back system, I'd be very, very interested to see them.

I am seeing 2 mpg better so far so in 20 years it will pay for itself

Banned
Reaction score
Seethe way I see the x/h pipe thing as not being true dual, is you're joining those two pipes into one, then back into two kinda thing. In my eyes, that's not "true" it's simply just dual. Truly dual in my opinion is simply that, 100% two different pipes that stay true to that form.

I know some will disagree, and that's perfectly fine with me!

Aidan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW: No engine needs backpressure. Anyone who says you need backpressure or that it makes low end torque needs to do some reading up on exhaust theory. Scavenging is the effect that is sometimes mistaken for backpressure. Pretty interesting topic if you ask me.

It's just one of my pet peeves that people get wrong so I had to mention it. That and getting gear ratios wrong like saying 4:10 instead of 4.10 or 4.10:1