Is it possible to trade a loaded 12 screw for a 13 scab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason I bought the screw was to tow with and that never happened. Im wondering if it would be possible to trade it even up for a new loaded 2013 scab since they are 3000 less. Mines is mint condition never off roaded and has 7500 miles.

Is this reasonable? maby with 1000$ difference?
Or maby someone on here has a 2012 thats loaded and wants to trade up to a screw?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable to me. But I think the dealer will give you the bs run around saying how yours is used so it won't be worth as much

toadman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how few miles it has on it, the dealer is going to tell you that once it has been registered, (AKA..hey i got a license plate on the back) That it is not worth as much as a new vehicle.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They want to sell it and make a few grand. They have to make it worth someone's interest vs just buying a new screw.

I think they'll trade plus about $5k.

OP
OP
FilthyRaptor

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats kinda what I was thinking but I see there are a few guys on here that get a new raptor every single year and wonder what kind of trade ins they get. I see dealers selling ones like mine for maby 1-4k less than a brand new one

Maby my best bet is to swap someone on here for a scab.

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your in a better spot than I am... I opted for another FX4 in May, now I am getting rid of it for a 2013 Raptor... I haven't even tried to work a trade deal yet, but have had an abundance of interest coming from private parties, even asking 2-4k over what is still owed.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your in a better spot than I am... I opted for another FX4 in May, now I am getting rid of it for a 2013 Raptor... I haven't even tried to work a trade deal yet, but have had an abundance of interest coming from private parties, even asking 2-4k over what is still owed.

Guess your username needs a change then