is forscan considered a tune for warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alangsam1

Reaction score
i am ready to play with forescan to reset the transmission adaptive tables and a few other things. however i was wondering if this would be considered something that would void my warranty like a "Tune?"

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had the same concerns years ago, but FORSCAN only toggles on/off various factory options, etc. This isn’t modifying programming of the PCM,TCM, etc.
Obviously, if you brick one of the modules by hamfistedly modifying something, yeah, you’re gonna be paying up, but you’re not “tuning” the truck.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone can say "Definitely, in 100% of scenarios, a dealer will never give you any warranty problems about your FORSCAN changes." However, I think the risk is very very low (much lower than a real tune) and I think if push came to shove, Ford customer care could probably set things straight.

In practice, I have never seen a story from someone getting refused warranty service because of FORSCAN.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The risk reward is worth it. A lot of nice features to gain and you can disable some lousy ones. I think chances are small that your dealer would give you a problem. Just back up everything as directed in the documentation.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People have had their warranty effected from making changes w/ forscan- threads on this forum I believe. Ironically I have yet to see someone actually have an issue getting warranty related work done b/c a performance tune

I have also seen people have their warranty denied due to aftermarket springs....risk vs reward for sure, but ehhhh the “reward” of making mirrors fold & possibly having warranty issues vs gaining 70-100hp? I dunno if I’d say messing w/ forscan is “worth the risk” comparatively speaking lol!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People have had their warranty effected from making changes w/ forscan- threads on this forum I believe. Ironically I have yet to see someone actually have an issue getting warranty related work done b/c a performance tune

I have also seen people have their warranty denied due to aftermarket springs....risk vs reward for sure, but ehhhh the “reward” of making mirrors fold & possibly having warranty issues vs gaining 70-100hp? I dunno if I’d say messing w/ forscan is “worth the risk” comparatively speaking lol!

Ok I’ll take the 100HP mirror lol

OP
OP
A

alangsam1

Reaction score
So I was able to use Forscan lite on IOS to rest the transmission adaptive tables. It completely fixed the hard 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. Amazing. lets see how long it takes to come back. However I am very satisfied with the tool and the bluetooth OBD adapter. Now to disable the engine sound enhancement.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I was able to use Forscan lite on IOS to rest the transmission adaptive tables. It completely fixed the hard 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. Amazing. lets see how long it takes to come back. However I am very satisfied with the tool and the bluetooth OBD adapter. Now to disable the engine sound enhancement.
So where did you perform this reset at?

OP
OP
A

alangsam1

Reaction score
I purchased the OBDX Bluetooth adapter that Forscan recommends (couldn't make the windows set up work) and installed FORScan on iPhone. Once the app scans all the modules (this takes a while ) I went to the TCM section and it has a checkbox for reset transmission adaptive tables. Then push the button and it applies the reset. that easy

I now need to figure out how to turn off the engine sound enhancement.