is forscan considered a tune for warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

alangsam1

Reaction score
not talking about the procedure. talking about the fact that you would ever need it in the first place.

andy556

Reaction score
If I reset the transmission table via Forscan, will I need to follow a reteaching procedure or do I just drive the truck and let it relearn my driving style. Thanks in advance….

andy556

Reaction score
Thanks…..does this improve the transmission. Mine just jerks/jumps forward when putting into drive. I’ve only had the Truck a week, love it but concerned about this issue.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I reset the transmission table via Forscan, will I need to follow a reteaching procedure or do I just drive the truck and let it relearn my driving style. Thanks in advance….
The procedure needs to be followed, otherwise the transmission will not learn correctly and you’ll induce other concerns.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The procedure needs to be followed, otherwise the transmission will not learn correctly and you’ll induce other concerns.
I imagine there is no way outside of the dealer to obtain the factory base table/image that is flashed on to a new BCM at the factory?

OP
OP
A

alangsam1

Reaction score
this process with Forescan on IOS and a bluetooth OBD11 Adapter works really well and is easy to set up.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The risk reward is worth it. A lot of nice features to gain and you can disable some lousy ones. I think chances are small that your dealer would give you a problem. Just back up everything as directed in the documentation.

Explain some of the rewards?