IRONMAN's RACK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I have a big she's in the backyard as my shop the garage was to small for my stuff haha best investment EVER!

I'm thinking about purchasing a new place with a bigger yard and building me a nice size pole barn.
Best time to buy is right now here in Michigan.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I don't plan on going to cheap but I really dot have the need for a gas welder that's why I was thinking just a mig/flux core welder would do plus my workshops kinda small. I don't plan on welding structural pieces so I should be ok with just a wire feed flux core welder right? Lol that's all I've used so its all I know lol my shop class in high school was cheap!

110V Flux core stay WAY far away from!!! They don't have enough power to melt all the crap going into the puddle. You'll be more pissed off than anything else. Wire and small wire with gas is the only way to go on anything not running 220v or bigger. I got my 140c i'm thinking about selling so i can get the 180 110V/220V from Lincoln. They didn't have it out at that time. My Hypertherm switches from both 110v/220v and its awesome!.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I went and looked at some Lincoln welder a tonight at lowes I really liked the Lincoln 180 I'm leanin towards getting that one cause you can convert it I gas later on if you want. I really don't know much about welders but I taught myself to weld back in high school. I'm not looking to drop like 1200 on one just maybe $500 or $600 maybe

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only bad thing about the 180 220V only is that you have to find 220v and lots of places don't have it and extension cords are very high compared to 110v. That was my reasoning behind making sure whatever I got was 110 compatible and then if I got another welder down the road 220v. Just food for thought.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I want one with 110 cause it would be really hard for me to run 220 out to the shed I would have to go about 150 feet around the house and another 75 across the backyard to the shed so 110 is fine with me!

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

So it looks like i won't be getting the 180 ill be getting the 140 HD it's the next best one I saw that's 110

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
https://store.weldersource.com/default.aspx

This is where I bought all my stuff and a new welder/generator for the Ranch. Pretty good place for sure and the lowest price for a authorized Lincoln dealer. That way you can get your free stuff from Lincoln like the $200 dollar helmet I got as part of Lincoln's Money matters program.

Money Matters

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/US/EN/literature/mc12121.pdf