Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Iphone Mount Options

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Tlh235, May 18, 2018.

1. CigarPundit

CigarPundit Full Access Member

That’s fantastic. Didn’t know about it.

2. New Nick at JDM

New Nick at JDM Full Access Member

I have an I Ottie suction cup mount that also is a Qi charger.
    Great for highway usage, but absolute garbage if you hit anything more than a puddle.

3. txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks Full Access Member

4. Troutrad

Troutrad Full Access Member

Love the location. Wondering if there’s anything out there like that but that also charges phone using a Qi charger?? Does apple CarPlay initiate automatically when placed in charger?

5. Troutrad

I looked at the Proclip site but am not seeing a “power cord inserted” option. Can you advise? Would like to have a mount powered with Qi charger so I don’t have to plug in every time I get in.

6. Troutrad

Agree that looks like one of the best mounts out there but for me, at least based on their description, it may be a non-starter:

“* Do not use QI functionality with either metal plate inserted/attached to the phone.”

I use QI to charge my phone in my home, bedroom, at work... Seems this is a major flaw in the product. You either choose to have this nice mount, or are able to use the QI charging feature on your phone. Not a good trade-off. Am I missing something here?

7. nikhsub1

nikhsub1 FRF Addict

I have this one - https://www.proclipusa.com/product/...arging-holder-with-usb-cigarette-lighter-plug

They do make a QI one as well, but I use carplay so the phone is plugged in to the sync usb...

Troutrad likes this.
  8. Troutrad

Just to confirm: I contacted Cravenspeed and asked about QI charging once you apply the metal sticker to the phone. This was the response:

Thanks for reaching out! It can hinder the Qi charging for sure, so it might not be what you're looking for unfortunately. My coworker who uses a Qi charger works alright with the smaller of the metal plates, but charging is not as reliable, and some customers report loss of use of the Qi feature. Of course if you'd like to give it a shot, we have pretty simple returns! - Derek

So, pretty much have to decide if you want to go this direction, you’ll likely be giving up ability to Qi charge. While I love the look of the Cravenspeed, not willing to give up Qi. You may also want to check the install instructions too...pretty involved, do-able but probably more than you’d expect.

9. Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis Full Access Member

I’m using the F-150 mount from 67Designs. It’s a bit more affordable than the BuiltRight and is rock solid. 67D recently gave me their redesigned unit. I hope to get it installed this weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]