Intermittent Delayed Startup Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
October 2023 build Carbon Gray R.

Its been intermittent delaying the firing of the cylinders. When i start it spins the motor but doesnt sound like its trying to fire then eventually does.

Anyone else experience this? My dealer is backed up at the moment to even get it looked at but also wont take it in if its not replicated.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
October 2023 build Carbon Gray R.

Its been intermittent delaying the firing of the cylinders. When i start it spins the motor but doesnt sound like its trying to fire then eventually does.

Anyone else experience this? My dealer is backed up at the moment to even get it looked at but also wont take it in if its not replicated.
Yep. Happens when the truck is warm or at operating temp. Something I’ve noticed is it happens more when fuel tank is full versus say down a 1/4 tank, but I don’t have enough data points to confirm that. My guess is the fuel tables need to be tuned differently for when the truck is warm vs cold.

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
Mine does this too. It takes the fun out of the startup when it does this. Always happens when I’m parked next to a TRX for some reason.

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
Got to let dealers know so they can get a fix out
I just attributed this to a high performance/hp motor. My Viper ACR does this also after warm starts randomly. Exact same thing. I think I recall other cars I've owned in the past also doing this. Not sure it's something to worry about unless we're talking about two different things.

OP
OP
S

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just attributed this to a high performance/hp motor. My Viper ACR does this also after warm starts randomly. Exact same thing. I think I recall other cars I've owned in the past also doing this. Not sure it's something to worry about unless we're talking about two different things.
Do you have a video of yours? Almost seems like the Ecoboost where oil pressure is lost which cause the belts to slap.

Because when it struggles to start, it sounds like the starter is just spinning without any pressure/resistance then finally gets some pressure then fires.