Interior Raptor Emblem Install Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mavrik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dash Mounted Raptor Emblem

OK so I finally decided to break out the belt sander, the Dremel tool, an Xacto knife and some double sided tape and start a little mod work on a tailgate emblem for the dash area under the passenger airbag. I kinda thought the interior could use a little Raptor propaganda and so this is what I ended up with. Had to nix the "SVT" part because it just hung too low but the Dremel shaped it up nicely. Oh and sorry for the crappy pics. A photographer I am not.

Attachments

• Raptor1.jpg
    Raptor1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Raptor2.jpg
    Raptor2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Raptor3.jpg
    Raptor3.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Raptor4.jpg
    Raptor4.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember the guy who mounted his on the airbag.... That was amongst the greatest Raptor fails in the history of Raptors.
If you've ever removed one of these emblems, then you know that the points of the R's are sharp enough to puncture skin without the force of an airbag behind it.

I for one removed my Raptor and F-150 emblems, ditched the F-150 emblem and relocated the Raptor emblem to the left side of the tailgate covering the alignment holes previously used by the F-150 logo. 3M double-sided tape is crazy-strong when used properly.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember the guy who mounted his on the airbag.... That was amongst the greatest Raptor fails in the history of Raptors.
If you've ever removed one of these emblems, then you know that the points of the R's are sharp enough to puncture skin without the force of an airbag behind it.

I for one removed my Raptor and F-150 emblems, ditched the F-150 emblem and relocated the Raptor emblem to the left side of the tailgate covering the alignment holes previously used by the F-150 logo. 3M double-sided tape is crazy-strong when used properly.

I remember that on the other place.

OP
OP
M

Mavrik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It actually came out pretty nice...Better than I thought it would to be honest...The 3D look adds a nice touch inside and Bojangles is right, that 3M outdoor double sided tape is no joke...I appreciate the compliments folks...Peace

Last edited:

TheJEPs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was hoping to do the same thing, do you have a picture or two you can put up to show how it turned out? Did it completely cover all four holes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter