Interior flaws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My instrument cluster has a scratch, and I hate that I didn't see it until I got it across the country and figured out how to turn up the brightness on the cluster. Is there any way to get a scratch out of this? Maybe a high-end detail shop can do it? I'm also willing to bet that the people who do the initial detail at the dealership do more damage than the factory. If you can request to not allow the dealer to touch the truck somehow when it arrives, I would. Seems like its not possible.

I feel the same way about allowing the dealership to do an oil change. I can assure you it's not their best mechanics performing oil changes and tire rotations. It would be interesting to find out if they need to be certified (ASE or something else) in order to perform these services. I bet if we found out that the guy who was the car porter got promoted to oil change with limited training, owners would think twice about handing over the keys.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone saying the same crap that "these are mass produced"....so what! You expect products to be right the first time. It's a hassle to go to a dealer and have them look at it. Some dealers will refuse warranty work saying "this wasn't caused by us" and the long turn around time for repair too.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Next steps to correct the flaws:

1. Call the dealer and make an appointment.

2. Point out to your service adviser your issues.

3. They will work with you on next steps. If it is order new parts or what not.

4. Drive your truck, smile from ear to ear and be glad it's not a prius.
I went through this with some paint chips and a dent and corporate basically told me there is a 48 hour window to point these out or they won't cover it.

OP
OP
dbonzo

dbonzo

Reaction score
I went through this with some paint chips and a dent and corporate basically told me there is a 48 hour window to point these out or they won't cover it.
Hopefully that’s not the case with this stuff but you know how dealerships are. Can’t expect to see everything when first get the truck but I guess that happens. If I have to replace them on my own shouldn’t be too expensive but right is right and wrong is wrong.

OP
OP
dbonzo

dbonzo

Reaction score
My instrument cluster has a scratch, and I hate that I didn't see it until I got it across the country and figured out how to turn up the brightness on the cluster. Is there any way to get a scratch out of this? Maybe a high-end detail shop can do it? I'm also willing to bet that the people who do the initial detail at the dealership do more damage than the factory. If you can request to not allow the dealer to touch the truck somehow when it arrives, I would. Seems like its not possible.

I feel the same way about allowing the dealership to do an oil change. I can assure you it's not their best mechanics performing oil changes and tire rotations. It would be interesting to find out if they need to be certified (ASE or something else) in order to perform these services. I bet if we found out that the guy who was the car porter got promoted to oil change with limited training, owners would think twice about handing over the keys.
Couldn’t agree more about the detail, when the truck came in they called me said it was in detail and I could come in. Saw the truck and it was horrible, looked like they just sent it through the wash and didn’t even wipe it down. Had them do it again still smudges, dirt and ton of water marks. I can guarantee when they “detailed” the truck this is where the damage happened but to catch everything when you pick up the new truck is tough. Hopefully they don’t give me the run around but expecting the worse. Already looking at what I need to make it right

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more about the detail, when the truck came in they called me said it was in detail and I could come in. Saw the truck and it was horrible, looked like they just sent it through the wash and didn’t even wipe it down. Had them do it again still smudges, dirt and ton of water marks. I can guarantee when they “detailed” the truck this is where the damage happened but to catch everything when you pick up the new truck is tough. Hopefully they don’t give me the run around but expecting the worse. Already looking at what I need to make it right
"detail the truck" is running it through the car wash for dealers lmao

OP
OP
dbonzo

dbonzo

Reaction score
"detail the truck" is running it through the car wash for dealers lmao
Yup exactly, I’ll be taking it to my detail guy after I get my wheels, tint and level done. Won’t touch anything on the inside until I get all this figured out. Raptors are better dirty but on the lot you would think they would take a little more pride but they knew they had my money already ha

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup exactly, I’ll be taking it to my detail guy after I get my wheels, tint and level done. Won’t touch anything on the inside until I get all this figured out. Raptors are better dirty but on the lot you would think they would take a little more pride but they knew they had my money already ha
good part about having a silver truck is that it looks clean for the most part

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iPhones, watches, shoes… all mass-produced. Imagine if iPhones came with scratches on the screen from factory? Would we complain, or just say “Bro it’s mass-produced, it’s not like it’s a NASA satellite or anything.” That comment is a way of rationalizing being okay with the near-six figure truck that has unacceptable issues with it from the factory. Pore over your vehicle on the lot the day you pick it up. Spend 2 hours if you need to. Whether it’s a Ford or a Bentley.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
You didn't buy a Bentley but you didn't buy a Yugo either. I worked hard and waited a long time to get my Raptor and I agree, you have reasonable expectations for it to be showroom quality upon delivery. A dirty window, no big deal. Scratches or chips of any kind, to me, is a trip back to the dealer and give them the opportunity to make it right. If the dealer has an ounce of respect and appreciation for his customer, he will make it right.