Interior flaws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbonzo

Reaction score
I picked up my raptor Monday but left Tuesday for out of town. Got back yesterday and was finally able to experience the truck. I noticed some “flaws” in the interior, the odometer cluster has some scratches on it that can only see in some light and the center console on the driver side has some scratches on the chrome and a small chip in the black plastic where it the chrome and black meet. Shame on me for not noticing when I picked up the truck but any ideas what options are? They are small but when you pay that kind of money you expect those things not to be there…

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My instrument display looked like it had scotch bright rubbed across it right from delivery. Had to be entirely replaced. Sadly, QA had taken a back seat.

OP
OP
dbonzo

dbonzo

Reaction score
did the dealer replace it or did you have to? You would think for the money there wouldn’t be issues like this, I’ve read a lot with ford having theses issues on other models as well

OP
OP
dbonzo

dbonzo

Reaction score
Sorry but you didn't buy a Bentley. These are mass produced trucks. Some "flaws" are to be expected. Even at $100k price tag. Talk to your service department to have them replace under warranty.
I get that, could be worse I suppose just want what I pay for to be right. Just wanted some feedback as far what I should do with the dealer

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I get that, could be worse I suppose just want what I pay for to be right. Just wanted some feedback as far what I should do with the dealer

Next steps to correct the flaws:

1. Call the dealer and make an appointment.

2. Point out to your service adviser your issues.

3. They will work with you on next steps. If it is order new parts or what not.

4. Drive your truck, smile from ear to ear and be glad it's not a prius.

OP
OP
dbonzo

dbonzo

Reaction score
Next steps to correct the flaws:

1. Call the dealer and make an appointment.

2. Point out to your service adviser your issues.

3. They will work with you on next steps. If it is order new parts or what not.

4. Drive your truck, smile from ear to ear and be glad it's not a prius.
Appreciate it, hopefully they won’t give me the run around. But thankful it’s not Prius

Parappa The Rapta

Reaction score
Kool-aid thick in here. Have everything replaced, Honda Accords don't come with defects like that and 100k is luxury car territory and it wouldn't be acceptable in a BMW, Mercedes etc. Some of the attitude here is the same attitude your carnival worker dealership employee will give you, don't cave especially on the dash.