Interest in a South Dakota Black Hills run on Memorial Day Weekend 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending how work flows, I might like to come out

Team Delta Java

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So this little run will be very family and kid friendly. The trails we are looking at wont be so rough that someone couldn't be in the rear seat.

Also, we are highly considering on bringing the dog.

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tye down a pet porter just in case. If your dog is the one making the ruckus it will be put in jail. just thought I'd get that out there right away. I've hunted with a few people that thought their dog was a good hunter I only ask them to hunt once. a well trained dog is a pleasure to have around. one that is not well you get the drift lol. you get testosterone and ***** in the same spot dog's get crazy! if you dog is well socialized shouldn't be a problem. any one else have suggestions on this? if you bring your dog much you'll know to bring Lot's of extra water they might get on a rabbit or square this is just for the town dog want people to know what they might get in to. the last thing I would want is some one to lose a dog. ok floor is open.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

ya not very good grammer^

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dog has gone camping several time (English Labrador retriever) unfortunately he hasn't seen the inside of a cage or transport cage since he was 6 months old. Then again I haven't had a need for one. He chases squirrels and rabbits but gives up quickly. He's never been hunting and rarely ever is walked on a leash. I'm not concerned

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hope I didn't sound like an ass just trying to think of the things I've witnessed before. lost dog is not fun. Huck31 if you dog ****** on my tire I'm going to have rw use her go girl on yours hahaha jk lol. this will be fun I like dog's I just hope we have a good spring so I can go. goal to be done by the 18th with pot holes and every thing fingers crossed.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wheels and tires are already on their way from TMX. Just got the Method Standards with Toyo MTs.

For the radio I think I am going to get a dual band VHF/UHF mobile HAM. I would have to hack it to broadcast on the MURS frequencies we were using, but after some research I learned that running Huck's setup is illegal anyway cuz MURS is supposed to be limited to 2 watts and Huck's runs 50 watts. So with the HAM hack I would also be an illegal 50 watts on Raptor runs but then I could also transmit legally on HAM frequencies the rest of the time...

I'm thinking maybe an Icom 2820h. It can run multiple frequencies at once. I could listen to snoball 1 & 2 and the same time and respond on either without have to **** around with changing channels. ...or you can turn off one side if there is too much chatter.

Gonna take my HAM test on Feb 16th...

Good luck on your HAM test. I passed mine a few years ago.

Nerds for Life!

Status
Not open for further replies.