Interest in a South Dakota Black Hills run on Memorial Day Weekend 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcePKT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... talk about jumping on the mods. I've been talking to JJ and Huck too, they are getting in on the addiction. What wheels and tires are you thinking about?

What were you considering for a radio? hand held or permanent vhf? The Wouxon handheld that Treypal sells worked really well. Donk had an external antenna that really gave that small radio some good range.

Kanakry, Worldtour, WSI and I were all running the TYT9000 radio. I was having some troubles with mine, and I think it might be due to the antenna, but I'm still looking into it (maybe it was a lemon?). Anyway, I know the other three were happy with it.

Huck was running the Icom and he seem to have good success with it.

Glad you can make the run!

Wheels and tires are already on their way from TMX. Just got the Method Standards with Toyo MTs.

For the radio I think I am going to get a dual band VHF/UHF mobile HAM. I would have to hack it to broadcast on the MURS frequencies we were using, but after some research I learned that running Huck's setup is illegal anyway cuz MURS is supposed to be limited to 2 watts and Huck's runs 50 watts. So with the HAM hack I would also be an illegal 50 watts on Raptor runs but then I could also transmit legally on HAM frequencies the rest of the time...

I'm thinking maybe an Icom 2820h. It can run multiple frequencies at once. I could listen to snoball 1 & 2 and the same time and respond on either without have to **** around with changing channels. ...or you can turn off one side if there is too much chatter.

Gonna take my HAM test on Feb 16th...

Last edited:

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. But I doubt I will be able to make it. We are going to TRR and we are about to release details on a event in May.

Jason

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if it would Chang the weekend of June 16 I have a wedding to attend.
SDRR will have the record for the smallest raptor run. should be able to meat and great every one that makes it.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brent on murs I was broadcasting at 2 -5 watts legally.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Jason why must you taunt me. If the event is in may I can't make it. Have an annual fishing trip to Minnesota the 11-18th for the walleye opener.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Wilson what does peanuts have to do with a raptor run?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would make it a family vacation! my youngest has peanut allergies, if he would happen to get some it would ruin the trip. peanuts are every where the main concern is peanut butter. any way if I would bring every one we would have to take the van. so when planing kids take into consideration raptor runs, I had my kids before the raptor so I have an excuse but no one else will haha.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. But I doubt I will be able to make it. We are going to TRR and we are about to release details on a event in May.

Jason

Fine... do your own thing... it's not like you called me and asked for permission... lol...

Besides, you mentioned a run for after labor day, not memorial day!

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL its just a small run. If you look at my signature thats how many trucks are allowed.

Probably gonna be may 11-12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.