Interest Check: 2013 SnoBall 500

Are you intersted in attending the SnoBall 500

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I'm soooo in on this trip. LOVE playing in the snow and this is going to be just heaven.
Can't wait to hear what else you have in store.
By the way THANKS for putting this on!

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kanarky, incase you need some help getting DNR permitting or something... the guys at GLFWDA.org can help. Current law states that over 18 people I think you need a DNR permit. I can get you in contact with people in more know if you would like

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
What you guys call a trip I call home and my daily commute. I live in Marquette and literally cross the U.P. for work - Laurium to Iron Mountain to Sault Ste. Marie and all points in between. I'm definitely going to be part of this run.

As far as snow goes, the truck is amazing but I am not impressed with the stock tires. The snow sticks in the tread at slow speeds making it very slippery snow on snow. At higher speeds the snow is thrown from the tread, but just a warning to those who may not drive in snow much. I'm running stock tires on my 2012 because I'm too cheap to buy new tires when I can get by with these for one year but I will be replacing them with something better next year.

Anyway, come on up and we'll have fun! When around Marquette, I highly recommend adding a trek to the UP North Lodge to the agenda even if just for the joy ride and a warm up beverage but dinner there is awesome.

http://www.theupnorthlodge.com/

OP
OP
Kanakry

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm soooo in on this trip. LOVE playing in the snow and this is going to be just heaven.
Can't wait to hear what else you have in store.
By the way THANKS for putting this on!
Roger, I'm happy that you are going to make it. We have a few suprises that will all be revealed in due time. Well one of them is M&R is going to give away a fog light setup.

Kanarky, incase you need some help getting DNR permitting or something... the guys at GLFWDA.org can help. Current law states that over 18 people I think you need a DNR permit. I can get you in contact with people in more know if you would like

MTUH3, I looked it up and when we get a final number I will contact them if needed. Thanks for the info.

ima hafta throw in my maybe for this, looks fun and interesting for sure!

Juggnuttz its going to be fun!!!

What you guys call a trip I call home and my daily commute. I live in Marquette and literally cross the U.P. for work - Laurium to Iron Mountain to Sault Ste. Marie and all points in between. I'm definitely going to be part of this run.

As far as snow goes, the truck is amazing but I am not impressed with the stock tires. The snow sticks in the tread at slow speeds making it very slippery snow on snow. At higher speeds the snow is thrown from the tread, but just a warning to those who may not drive in snow much. I'm running stock tires on my 2012 because I'm too cheap to buy new tires when I can get by with these for one year but I will be replacing them with something better next year.

Anyway, come on up and we'll have fun! When around Marquette, I highly recommend adding a trek to the UP North Lodge to the agenda even if just for the joy ride and a warm up beverage but dinner there is awesome.

Up North Lodge

I was going to shoot you a message about the run but figured sooner or later you would see this thread. Hopefully there is a ton of snow. Even if its just an average snow fall year the trip is going to be for lack of a better word...EPIC

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I was going to shoot you a message about the run but figured sooner or later you would see this thread. Hopefully there is a ton of snow. Even if its just an average snow fall year the trip is going to be for lack of a better word...EPIC

Well it's been an early snow year with a couple inches already (but it rained today and is a mess outside so snow is gone). Typically the guys hope for snow by November 15 so since we're a month ahead of that I'm sure there's going to be a good base by January. Not that I'm thrilled about that..the novelty wears off fast and I hate shoveling. :)

I have been just crazy busy lately but thankfully a fellow FRF member texted me about this thread. I subscribed to stay on top of updates but drop me a PM if you have any details you want me to look into.

OP
OP
Kanakry

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds good, I think we have 99.9% of it covered. Just waiting to hear back from a few companies then we can release the official post with all the information.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh shit..... should never had opened this thread :snot:

Love wheeling in the snow. Most likely, RW and I will make this.

Looking forward to the details!

Thanks,
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.