Insurance for your upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Progressive just asked me to give them a "stated value" for the truck and accessories. If I need more coverage just call and update the amount. Hopefully never have to use it. I did have a claim this year on our rzr. They paid fast and paid for all accessories no questions asked. Adjustor found retail prices for accesories and paid full retail on all no questions asked.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Progressive just asked me to give them a "stated value" for the truck and accessories. If I need more coverage just call and update the amount. Hopefully never have to use it. I did have a claim this year on our rzr. They paid fast and paid for all accessories no questions asked. Adjustor found retail prices for accesories and paid full retail on all no questions asked.

Just spoke to a progressive agent. Everything you said was spot on for what I was told. Appears to be my best option.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was surprised how easy it was with Progessive. AAA was awful with the Raptor. My agent sells multiple companies and since we had our atvs with them anyway I got multiple policy discount without switching the house or other cars.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Geico was the first call I placed, because I respect y'all's opinion. The gentleman I spoke to was very nice and was straightforward about the value of the vehicle being higher than what they could cover. Progressive appears to a good option. Currently I've tossed AAA into the mix, due to a friends recommendation. I've been an AAA member for what feels like forever, and have been pleased with their other services. Guess that is who's it between at the moment AAA or Progressive. AAA does have a marginal edge at the moment due to the experiences my friend shared, however I haven't seen their quote yet.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Farmers for years. I have a stated value policy on my truck at $80,000. I also have all the mods listed and insured. The beauty is that my agent fights for me, mainly because I have my business through him, too, and we are one of his larger customers. So far, I have never had a problem.
I had a trailer that used to have mounted equipment a few years ago. It got stolen without the equipment, because I had taken it off. Because it had a stated value policy that I was paying on, I got the full stated value, even though the equipment had been removed. We even told them that the equipment that used to be on the trailer had been removed, and they still paid the full amount.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use GEICO, my total premium is $499 a month for the cars listed below, I spent 30 minutes listing out my Raptor upgrades, and the Raptor is now covered to $90,000 (50 truck, 40 upgrades).

my premium for the Raptor is $61.58 a month, 100/300 full coverage, $1000 deductible.

And I specifically quizzed them about covering my add ons, including stereo, and they said it's covered as I have good documentation, pics and receipts.

Was state farm for 30 years, gave up on them two years ago as they kept jacking my rates for no reason, so far Geico has been excellent.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use GEICO, my total premium is $499 a month for the cars listed below, I spent 30 minutes listing out my Raptor upgrades, and the Raptor is now covered to $90,000 (50 truck, 40 upgrades).

my premium for the Raptor is $61.58 a month, 100/300 full coverage, $1000 deductible.

And I specifically quizzed them about covering my add ons, including stereo, and they said it's covered as I have good documentation, pics and receipts.

Was state farm for 30 years, gave up on them two years ago as they kept jacking my rates for no reason, so far Geico has been excellent.

Glad to hear this!

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

D

Deleted member 12951

I've been with Allstate for over 30 years. Called my agent to ask this question. Getting back with me.

Correct me if I wrong here though but lets say in the worse case scenario, its your fault and you totaled it. Couldn't you take off all your upgrades and insurance would only need to cover just the ones that were damaged, like perhaps the bumper and/or shock(s)? And not ALL your upgrades therefore full declared value is not needed.