Installed RPG Offroad Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my method 17s nv this past week with 37s nitto m/t and have minimal rubbing (see pics). Going to work on cutting the fender liners later today and see ifrubbing stops, but don't regret going with the 37s at all. I also have the rpg collars.

Please take pics of what all you cut

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go. I was only able to cut the liners with a blade. Need to get a grinder now and trim a piece of the flares that are catching (the part I marked with a line).

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 112

Wraptur76

Reaction score
I have them on my truck as well! I'm local to RPG Off-road in Orange County & had them install for me. I'm stoked with the results & all the guys there are super friendly/knowledgeable!! Theses things are well worth the money.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you get to the top bolts to drop the shock out? Im trying to install mine tonight.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

I installed the rpg collars yesterday in a couple hours using macpherson strut compressors from harbor freight. I did it while on the truck. It was a little tricky but not that bad. I'm far from being a mechanic. Im satisfied with how the truck looks and handles after the install. My truck is level within 1/16". Likely because of the weight from my tonneau cover and rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im trying to do mine on the truck and I cant believe how much force Im having to compress the springs...How do the collars come up?

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you get to the top bolts to drop the shock out? Im trying to install mine tonight.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Im trying to do mine on the truck and I cant believe how much force Im having to compress the springs...How do the collars come up?

Use a piece of wood or something non metal and tap it with a hammer. I used the handle of a hammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You really dont need to remove the shock.

Also, use a jack under the arm to assist your compressing.

And I had to beat my stock collar quite hard ot get it to slide up. Used a sledge and a block of wood.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really dont need to remove the shock.

Also, use a jack under the arm to assist your compressing.

And I had to beat my stock collar quite hard ot get it to slide up. Used a sledge and a block of wood.

ya I finally figured it out...like you said no need to remove shock. Not that bad once I got a correctly working spring compressor (threads were jacked).

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a set screw on the gen 2 stock collar. I had everything going well but couldn't pound up the damn collar?

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a set screw on the gen 2 stock collar. I had everything going well but couldn't pound up the damn collar?

No there isnt. Take a piece of wood and place it on the bottom of the stock perch and hit the wood with a hammer...it will take a few hits but it will break free...worked for me.