Installed a Black Widow Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first impression is both louder & deeper than the Corsa Sport. I do like the sound a lot better. I probably didn't need to go any louder but we'll see how that goes over the next few days as I get a better feel for it. I will post a video comparison later on.

Last edited:

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first impression is both louder & deeper than the Corsa Sport. I do like the sound a lot better. I probably didn't need to go any louder but we'll see how that goes over the next few days as I get a better feel for it. I will post a video comparison later on.

Did you leave your resonator in or out? I left mine it and the sound is perfect...

I posted a sound clip on our Instagram page (raptor_offroad_community), which doesn't really do the muffler sound justice..but you get the idea.

Man, the sound is PERFECT!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150513_123556.jpg
    IMG_20150513_123556.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20150513_123236.jpg
    IMG_20150513_123236.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you leave your resonator in or out? I left mine it and the sound is perfect...

I posted a sound clip on our Instagram page (raptor_offroad_community), which doesn't really do the muffler sound justice..but you get the idea.

Man, the sound is PERFECT!!!!

I have LT headers with cats. No res.

After driving it for a day, I now have a better grasp. Overall the sound of this muffler is a thousand times better than my Corsa Sport. I agree it's perfect. It finally sounds like a proper V8 muscle truck. No raspy sound, just deep rumbling bass. The Corsa does a really good job of keeping noise levels manageable until you hammer the throttle. That is the one thing I liked better about it. This is much louder at idle, slow speeds, half-throttle, etc. They are about the same noise level at WOT.

I am going to give it a couple weeks to decide but I might try the 300 instead of the 250 to tone it down just a bit.

Unfortunately the GoPro video I took of the before didn't turn out well so I don't have a good comparison video to post.

goody6691

Reaction score
so what muffler should i order for my 5.4? the pro 250, reg 250, or 300. im not sure what the difference is besides the pro is polished and square.

Cbr93

Reaction score
I got my installed last week for my 5.4. I believe is the 250 center/center.image.jpg