Inside tire slash, delivered this way?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it actually might be covered, with only 2k miles. tires in the warranty I believe are covered for 12 thousand miles and prorated after that. if you have a good dealer they may be able to help you out. all about how they run it thru the system.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I would switch it out with the spare. Keep an eye on it. I don't like risking with known sidewall damage.

*sigh* Where does this “logic” come from? Certainly not actual expert evaluation. Let me make sure I understand your (lack of) logic.

You’re concerned about the superficial damage to the outer skin of the rubber (with no damage to the actual load-carrying fiber/cords) so you would move it to the spare location. Is this correct?

Ok. That will extend your time with the tire indefinitely. You would rather be forced to use it if/when one of the “good” tires is actually flat such that when you really need a solid tire to get you out of the failed tire predicament you’re counting on it to save you? But what if it fails now and leaves you completely stranded?

I would just use it up as normal and throw it away. “Problem” solved.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*sigh* Where does this “logic” come from? Certainly not actual expert evaluation. Let me make sure I understand your (lack of) logic.

You’re concerned about the superficial damage to the outer skin of the rubber (with no damage to the actual load-carrying fiber/cords) so you would move it to the spare location. Is this correct?

Ok. That will extend your time with the tire indefinitely. You would rather be forced to use it if/when one of the “good” tires is actually flat such that when you really need a solid tire to get you out of the failed tire predicament you’re counting on it to save you? But what if it fails now and leaves you completely stranded?

I would just use it up as normal and throw it away. “Problem” solved.
I've' had one with a similar type cut on the outside sidewall, been running it for 35k..... Its just superficial on mine as well

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yeah, not likely. Warranties of all types cover manufacturing and quality errors. Although it won’t hurt to ask dealer for help, but it’s an off-road truck subject to all sorts of tire damage.

Doesn’t matter the time or miles because anyone can and most certainly will lie to displace blame and cost.