Infinite Reality's LED Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Batman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate you testing all of this. Every time I think about ordering things, I read this and stop and wait on the test, LoL!!!!

Let us in on this 700 lumens for $38.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I appreciate you testing all of this. Every time I think about ordering things, I read this and stop and wait on the test, LoL!!!!

Let us in on this 700 lumens for $38.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

My setup now with the Samsung 5630 LEDs is hands down the best! I have some others on the way, but it's just a trial. You can't go wrong with what I'm rocking now though, it's a solid setup.

For the under hood light for $38, here's the thread!
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/poor-mans-700-lumen-led-under-hood-light-22678/

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
As my luck goes, I noticed today my driver's side Spyder LED tail light fogged up. After removing I realized there is literally a puddle of water inside it! I sent a message to people I bought it from, hopefully they'll replace it with one that won't leak like a SOB!!

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of a complete LED retrofit. I'm trying to avoid using load resistors due to heat and reliability issues. I asked the advice of a buddy who has an auto electric shop. They have done a few Raptors recently and they have a way to eliminate load resistors.
Their solution is instead of resistors they solder in a wedge bulb holder for the front or rear signals. Equipped with a small bulb tucked away behind the housing, the computer still senses the resistance of 'regular' filament bulbs. He says they have gotten away with just 1 holder per side, 2 in total. If it ever hyper flashes you just change your 'resistor' bulb. Simple. Sorry if this a re-post, but a just wanted to share.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
First things first. I give HUGE props to DT_MOTO, place I got my Spyder LED tails and eBay vendor Nick suggested. Like I said, I had one that held water and talked to them on phone today after several emails. They are mailing me a brand new driver's side light to replace the one with water. Can't say enough great things about them because they are doing this without me sending old one back prior to sending out new one and they don't even require me to ever send it back. No money out of my pocket for a bunk taillight. I'll be cracking open the bad tail light when all is good, just out of curiosity sake.

Next, I got the new Samsung LED board. Just did a trial fit of a map light and was disappointed it wasn't a whiter color, but was like the SMD colored (slight purplish tint). Seeing both side-by-side, the new ones are easily brighter. So now I'm at a dilemma... Keep the nice pure white light or go with a little color hue but be even brighter?! I'm waiting till dark to make my decision and will update afterwards with pictures. I'm 50/50 on it now.

I am in the process of a complete LED retrofit. I'm trying to avoid using load resistors due to heat and reliability issues. I asked the advice of a buddy who has an auto electric shop. They have done a few Raptors recently and they have a way to eliminate load resistors.
Their solution is instead of resistors they solder in a wedge bulb holder for the front or rear signals. Equipped with a small bulb tucked away behind the housing, the computer still senses the resistance of 'regular' filament bulbs. He says they have gotten away with just 1 holder per side, 2 in total. If it ever hyper flashes you just change your 'resistor' bulb. Simple. Sorry if this a re-post, but a just wanted to share.

Hell of an idea there and definitely not a re-post. Thanks for the info! I assume this only works for replacing front OR rear though, right? Where do they hide this bulb as to not keep light from seeping out?

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First things first. I give HUGE props to DT_MOTO, place I got my Spyder LED tails and eBay vendor Nick suggested. Like I said, I had one that held water and talked to them on phone today after several emails. They are mailing me a brand new driver's side light to replace the one with water. Can't say enough great things about them because they are doing this without me sending old one back prior to sending out new one and they don't even require me to ever send it back. No money out of my pocket for a bunk taillight. I'll be cracking open the bad tail light when all is good, just out of curiosity sake.

Next, I got the new Samsung LED board. Just did a trial fit of a map light and was disappointed it wasn't a whiter color, but was like the SMD colored (slight purplish tint). Seeing both side-by-side, the new ones are easily brighter. So now I'm at a dilemma... Keep the nice pure white light or go with a little color hue but be even brighter?! I'm waiting till dark to make my decision and will update afterwards with pictures. I'm 50/50 on it now.

Hell of an idea there and definitely not a re-post. Thanks for the info! I assume this only works for replacing front OR rear though, right? Where do they hide this bulb as to not keep light from seeping out?

We (he) are going to do it on Fri, so I'll have more info then.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do, I'll update the OP and give credit where it's due! If possible, find out what they think about doing bulb swaps on front and rear to LEDs and see if only 1 is required (per side)

He says that one holder is enough for front and back, but I'm going to buy a few extras to be on the safe side. BTW, I have a 2011.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc