Imposters...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No Clue

Reaction score
I'm not annoyed one bit by what people do with their property.
I'm very annoyed that Ford increased production numbers so much that now you can buy them at invoice or less. If I knew that Ford would pull that, I'd have waited to buy mine and invested the savings.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I waved at at Fraptor the other day. I was ashamed of myself.
That could happen to any of us since you probably based the wave on just a quick look. If I was the other driver, I would feel weird waving back like I was part of the club.

All that aside, I am fine with people doing whatever they like to their trucks to make them look/perform better, but if their sole intention is try and pass themselves off as something that they are not, then they need to take a look inward and realize that upscale items don't make a person any cooler/better, at least in my eyes.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not as bugged as I am by my damn sunroof mechanism breaking. So, I read online that its a big problem. ****** materials and "you have to use it more" or "apply white lithium grease"! And, some say when the vehicle is out of warranty that the repair is stupid expensive. To me this is absolute BS on a truck or any vehicle that stickers for $70+ K! The online chatter says this happens with Raptors and F150's.

Sign me up for the “moon roof delete carbon fiber panel" that replaces the glass, fastens in and you forget about the damn moon roof. No more broken tracks, no more worries about leaks, just install and forget.

You’re right on all points, it’s cheaply made, stupid expensive to fix, easy to break.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was around years ago when Iroc decals found there way on V6 RS cars and 5.0 emblems found there way on 4 cyl Mustangs. I had a top tier car at the time and found it just laughable. It’s been going on for years with various vehicles. And it will continue.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t really care for the power sliding rear window either. Still haven’t even tested mine out lol. Those rear windows are just another leak waiting to happen. But as with the moonroof, the truck came with it.

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be a Texas thing. Don’t see that here in Fl. Does it look funny on our little brother?

Really? I see them all over the place down here in Pinellas/Manatee/Sarasota County.

With that said, I also see a LOT of raptors. Moreso than I've seen living in California or Alaska.

I doesnt really bug me though. I find it funny.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see two related, but different topics here. I don't see any issues with mods that give a Raptor like appearance, whether it be grill, flairs, or whatever. I do think it's lame to put inaccurate badging on your vehicle.

Make it your own by putting on features you like, even if they are imitations of a different model. In some ways, I think it's rather respectable to put in the effort to mod your vehicle to the point where you can't tell for sure what the base model is. But calling it a Raptor when it's not a Raptor is just silly.