Ignition Coil Packs & Wires when changing plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ricoman

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$300 is 75% of the way to a 93 performance tune :head3:
Yep...and with a Whipple SC on mine,dont even need the "tune"... :) I know there is a need for speed,but heck...you can only go so fast before before racking up some hefty tickets....Lucky for me,been pulled over 2 times since I bought mine in Jan. and both were younger officers and more interested in looking at the truck and asking questions about the SC..one even said to me,I heard these things are FAST..so better slow it down...K....LOL..!!

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I did my plugs I did Denso coils and Taylor wires. More of a reliability thing. Msd Now makes wires for the 6.2 black or red

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One set....I found same ones...only other option I've found is the Granitelli Wires...but at $300+ a set,I wonder what bang for your buck you really get....

Taylor makes a 8.5 wire set (in blue) for our trucks. I cant remember the part number, but really nice set and I think I paid $75.00

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the boots on the coils fail more than the coil itself. Wires and boots are subjected to some extreme heat cycles with being sunk in the head and in between the exhaust manifolds. The rubber breaks down after some time.