If you couldn't get a raptor ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tundra pro

I almost pulled the trigger on a 2016 Tundra TRD Pro late last year but they are REALLY lacking vs a Raptor, they just have minor upgrades over a stock tundra and arent worth the extra cost. Plus they come with tiny street tires.

If I were to go the Tundra route I would buy a Platinum or 1794 and then add suspension, wheels, tires. What really killed it for my was TRD stopping making superchargers for the 5.7. Really wanted a supercharged one. I guess there are some still to be had out there but they are used or big $. Plus they dont work on the flex fuel trucks which is about all they sell in Colorado.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on a 2016 Tundra TRD Pro late last year but they are REALLY lacking vs a Raptor, they just have minor upgrades over a stock tundra and arent worth the extra cost. Plus they come with tiny street tires.

If I were to go the Tundra route I would buy a Platinum or 1794 and then add suspension, wheels, tires. What really killed it for my was TRD stopping making superchargers for the 5.7. Really wanted a supercharged one. I guess there are some still to be had out there but they are used or big $. Plus they dont work on the flex fuel trucks which is about all they sell in Colorado.

My buddy has a tundra and i was thinking about one of them too , until..... His has a long travel susp and fits 33s. Its a real nice ride and in acceleration is about the same as my raptor. However , we were hunting and after a while he texts and says " im low on fuel , how about you"? Well I'm 250 miles to empty and he is at 70. Between the tiny fuel tank and way worse than raptor mpg id not want one.

Last edited:

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 17 F450 Platinum Wednesday in case my Raptor doesn't come before the end of the year. Needed the 179 tax deduction...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like some 3rd world problems right there[emoji23] Nice rig.

t2w

Reaction score
I bought a 17 F450 Platinum Wednesday in case my Raptor doesn't come before the end of the year. Needed the 179 tax deduction...c4061e6a454c2936a33afcecc1a95af8.jpg. Already put her to work buying a rolling ladder for my Garagemahal...

awesome rig!!!! was contemplating picking up a new super duty as well before I got lucky w the allocation for my raptor. what kind of mpg are you seeing w the power stroke?

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome rig!!!! was contemplating picking up a new super duty as well before I got lucky w the allocation for my raptor. what kind of mpg are you seeing w the power stroke?

Well the dealer I bought it from was in VA. They delivered it the night before thanksgiving to my house in MD. I looked at the MPG and he was getting 18.1 on the 100 mile drive to my house. So far all around I'm getting about 16. GREAT TRUCK SO FAR!!! MSRP was $85,000. My Fleet price was $73,000. $2,000 MORE then my Raptor MSRP deal...