Icon stage 4 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Been looking around the forum a while and thinking the Icon stage 4 might be what I want since my stock setup is due for replacement. A few questions tho from some of you with more experience or those of you who have installed this yourself. This will be going on a 2011 screw with 44k miles, whipple charger with kooks full exhaust.

Is this a system that I can install without the need of any special tools? I consider myself capable after looking thru the install instructions, but also looking for real world advice.

Towing.... at some point soon, a small camper (around 5k lbs) will be pulled, but not like on Super long trips. I was thinking the adjustability of the Icon would be nice.

Right now I am on mid-perch and have to make sure the garage door is pushed up ALL THE WAY when I pull in. There is a couple of inches to play with, but not a lot. Is there any lift with the Icon? It says it's 1-3 inches of adjustment, so is that kind of like the three different perch settings on the Fox?

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

We have sold several Stage 4 kits. You can definitely save some money installing this yourself. We offer a great deal on these for FRF members. Most of the folks who purchased the kit, installed it themselves.

Out of the box the front shocks will be close to mid perch, I’ve adjusted them more when I ran them. The rear will be close to stock unless you add the extra leaf, it will raise the rear.

Contact me for a quote.

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coilovers have a more finite height adjustment via spring preload using a threaded nut you can adjust, so not just the three settings of perches on the stockers. You can probably do it on the truck with the specific spanner wrench, but it's best to pull and use a spring compressor to decrease the load, make it easier and help from stressing the threads. Installing all those yourself really isn't as hard as you think it might be, but having a lift at your disposal would help a ton.

I mean if you got the cash, go for it, but unless you're really pushing it off road, seems a bit overkill? Not liked that stopped anyone before though. I just bought front fox coilovers and deaver springs for the rear of my 2014 from AccuTune right before the covid freeze, and picked up and installed the SVC rear frame kit back around new years. Waiting for things to open up again for those parts to be ready to ship from the respective manufactures.