Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a 19 with Geisers. Gonna go option 2 with 1" drop shackles.

0-60 freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a 19 with Geisers. Gonna go option 2 with 1" drop shackles.
So I have a 19' geisers, icon option one...its spot on level, why are u doing option2 then dropping it back down a inch??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kahuna

Reaction score
So I have a 19' geisers, icon option one...its spot on level, why are u doing option2 then dropping it back down a inch??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So that I can be level most of the time and run a bed full of crap when I need to and not drop 3 inches.

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-27 at 3.03.41 PM.jpeg

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My springs just landed and I want to run Option 2. The instructions say to mount the springs as-is then replace the relevant leaf. Is that the best way to go?

Thanks,
K

I just changed mine in the garage with a couple c-clamps and socket wrenches. While I had them apart I coated them with some heavy duty metal protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahuna

Reaction score
I just changed mine in the garage with a couple c-clamps and socket wrenches. While I had them apart I coated them with some heavy duty metal protector.

But before you had them mounted on the truck right? Was there much difficulty putting them back together? Are they under much resting tension before they are mounted?

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you break down the pack to individual leafs before spraying or just try to spray between?

No I left them at option 1 as shipped, was able to bend them apart a bit leaf by leaf with a screwdriver as a wedge and shot the mphd in with the straw attachment.

If you’re going to option 2 or 3 I’d do it with them off the truck so you can coat them easier and it’s probably to do off the truck anyway. I think ICON includes the version of instructions to do on the truck in case someone wants to swap once they’ve been installed, and you do not have to fully remove the leafs from the truck.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But before you had them mounted on the truck right? Was there much difficulty putting them back together? Are they under much resting tension before they are mounted?

Yes they are still not mounted on the truck as I just haven’t had time yet. Have some Eibachs to put on the front too.

It was easy to get them apart Just remember or take a clear pic with your phone to make sure you out them back how they were. Also the added spring makes it a bit tougher to get the center back together. A 3rd c-clamp or a helper to step near the center will make it easier. Also make sure to c-clamp the ends far out as the replacement spring is longer than the original.

40b0f873cc2d703e89cebf68eac6d26f.jpg

Last edited:

Kahuna

Reaction score
So I pulled the spring pack apart. Tension is not a big deal, I will be able to pull it together with a couple of c clamps.

The coating looks like it has been applied by Jackson *******. It wouldn't worry me if there hadn't been surface rust between the leaves straight off the pallet. I have applied some rust converter and will put some paint on that area before doubling down on MPHD.

IMG_20190704_102257.jpg