Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My springs just landed and I want to run Option 2. The instructions say to mount the springs as-is then replace the relevant leaf. Is that the best way to go?

Thanks,
K

I reconfigured mine to option 2 on my workbench...

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Just did 5 coats on my Devers install this weekend w Camburg tig stock height shackles. The Amsoil seems way better than fluid film imo.
5 coats! Holy crap. Did you use grease as well when you assembled?

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know what you come up with, I plan to go option 2 also. I figured I’d try to do one on the floor with the two c-clamps they talk about at each end, ball joint press should work fine going back together in the middle, plus it will allow me to coat all the leafs in the pack with some Amsoil HDMP before I install them on the truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would work on your leaf packs on the vehicle. Having done it twice, first time was on the floor. It was a pain. I also did this all by myself. Easier to align the fragile fine threading bolts.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
I would work on your leaf packs on the vehicle. Having done it twice, first time was on the floor. It was a pain. I also did this all by myself. Easier to align the fragile fine threading bolts.

After 2 coats of MPHD dried over the last 4 days I greased and put the spring pack back together today on the work bench. Used about 10oz of marine grease on the contact points and center plates. It wasn't too difficult with a couple of short 2x4s to have them positioned while clamping.

Between the crappy coating, rusty leaves, badly trimmed bolts and nuts which had been cross threaded I'm not overly impressed with the Icon QC. I had to run a tap and die over all hardware to clean it up before it would go back together.

I shot another coat of MPHD on them when they were back together for good luck, ready to be installed next weekend.

Last edited:

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 coats! Holy crap. Did you use grease as well when you assembled?

I went a little overboard but the install wasn't bad worst part was cutting the bolts that chew up saw blades and getting the shackle bolt in passenger side. I did use some grease on spots and some fluid film between leaf and axel to prevent rust. The leafs are softer than stock I got a slight rake back and when you guys get the oem shackles off look at the hole for the bolt isn't even round is that normal? Sorry to crash Icon thread I will go somewhere else lol.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my Icons installed using option 2. It took longer then I care to admit but the results were worth it.

Sitting at 43.5 in the rear (from 41.5) I’m sure it will settle some.

Front is sitting at 42 (from 39 3/8) Geiser springs.

33fc2d8dec7a8050a0ecaa0eb0a9274c.jpg3b5be06626eb230ceb8d2a181d1a951e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Finally got my Icons installed using option 2. It took longer then I care to admit but the results were worth it.

Looks amazing! Send some more pictures :D

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How stiff is the rear on option 2 vs stock, still debating about switching it from opt 1 to 2...