I wanted to get a raptor r but prices are still crazy!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes we know. All that being said the dealers are, by extension, the factory.....since you cannot order direct. Something just doesn't sit right with them marking things up above the listed MSPR simply b/c they can. Suddenly their place in the market is not so evident. Now of course any third party that gets a vehilcle can sell it for whatever they want, but part of having a special relationship with the ford factory gets AD's access to all sorts of goodies.....floor plans, marketing, service deals, etc. Am i pissed that 150k is simply more than i will spend? Yes. Would i be ok with it if it was simiply all 3rd party dealers and sellers doing it? Yes. Am i ok that its the factory also? No.
On a related note, If you had to make up for sales performacne shortfalls or cashflow by going above MSRP....you are one dealer too many and your doors should close.
Sounds a lot like the bourbon market. Secondary’s charging $1999 for Pappy has now moved to the smaller retailers and they get away with it. All that margin given away to independents is crazy. Farley actually got called out in an investor call a few quarters ago. Direct to consumer is the best model.

427windsorman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't the dealers who are to blame. It is all the idiots paying more than the vehicles are worth. I live in Idaho and have both a 2024 F350 Tremor, and a 2024 Raptor R, on order for MSRP. There are several dealerships across the country that are doing that, you just have to look for them. My 2024's might become 2025's before they are built, but that is OK with me.

I guarantee one thing, if everyone refused to pay an ADM of any type these dealers would stop trying to charge them. Let the inventory start stacking up and making them soak up the costs of stagnant sales, and see how fast the policy changes.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
It is all the idiots paying more than the vehicles are worth.
The problem is that worth is subjective. Someone who earns 7 figures a year does not mind throwing an extra 30 or 40k toward something fun. They will happily spend the extra money to not have to spend their time doing the legwork to find an MSRP deal.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't the dealers who are to blame. It is all the idiots paying more than the vehicles are worth. I live in Idaho and have both a 2024 F350 Tremor, and a 2024 Raptor R, on order for MSRP. There are several dealerships across the country that are doing that, you just have to look for them. My 2024's might become 2025's before they are built, but that is OK with me.

I guarantee one thing, if everyone refused to pay an ADM of any type these dealers would stop trying to charge them. Let the inventory start stacking up and making them soak up the costs of stagnant sales, and see how fast the policy changes.
It is the dealers. You getting an R for msrp…..yeah sure you are. Even if you buy 20 fords a year from that guy it is highly unlikely they will let it go at msrp. That market is non existent since ford never put these idiots in check. I could order 3 from my dealer, but they won’t get built and if one does, as I was offered, he is obligated to sell at +20k since EVERY OTHER ford dealer is doing that. To them, it, or any ford R vehicle, is a golden ticket and they are giving them to lucky buyers…..and that is fine. The limited allocations is part of the allure. My whole point is that FORD could simply msrp the trucks higher if they want, but at minimum remove the dealer stigma from the market by forbidding ADM. Instead they leave it to dealers to look like total scum for applying huge markup.

Last edited:

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the outside looking in…..i don’t know if FORD AD’s are pissed that 3rd party folks were getting vehicles (like R’s) and immediately selling them for huge markup, and the AD’s doing it on front end is meant to discourage that…..OR… if they noticed the 3rd party dealers were doing that and simply wanted in on the profit. Either way it’s nasty and none of their concern and now the only way to get one is to buy hugely inflated. They are still the only avenue we have to get a new Ford vehicle so I fail to see their dog in this other than simply b/c they can. Same goes for TRX’s now and Escalade V’s. Nothing more than ****** used car dealers with, now, no way around them.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
here’s a thought exercise then:

Would you be ok with the price if Ford would only sell the Raptor R to a proven current Raptor owner? Think of it like the super-rare ‘homologation’ models that you need a competition license to get or the way some Italian car makers allocate. Or maybe even more stringent; proof of >1 SVT or Ford Performance vehicle, one of which must be a Raptor?

That would at least keep most brokers, flippers, celebrities, influencers and other schmucks who will never actually off road the truck, at bay. It should lessen the market and keep the demand to enthusiasts - like FRF, etc.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

Would you be ok with the price if Ford would only sell the Raptor R to a proven current Raptor owner? Think of it like the super-rare ‘homologation’ models that you need a competition license to get or the way some Italian car makers allocate. Or maybe even more stringent; proof of >1 SVT or Ford Performance vehicle, one of which must be a Raptor?

That would at least keep most brokers, flippers, celebrities, influencers and other schmucks who will never actually off road the truck, at bay. It should lessen the market and keep the demand to enthusiasts - like FRF, etc.

I would be fine with all of this. As long as I get an R before you do. Because Ford still owes me a paint job on my Gen 2.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What difference does it make? I don’t care who owns one. They can restrict who buys all they want……still has to originate with them. The limited allocations have already sealed the deal on these dang trucks. What I do care about is advertised msrp from ford being blown out of the water by the only means to getting one new. Just rubs me wrong.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Geeze, do you all complain when the dealers sell the trucks for 10-15k under MSRP? I didn't think so.

The market dictates the price. Super simple. We are in just a short weird time. It'll pass.