I started the mods on my new 2017 Ruby Red Supercrew!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Yes, sticker check, stubby check, Windows tinted check, expel front clip check.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now THESE are mods!! Not that orange wheel, under carriage lights and painted caliper junk I see out there these days! ;)

Jack_Toepfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While you guys are at Office Max shopping for your next mod, skip the binder clip and just wrap a black rubber band around the tray, it will act just like the old factory ones, and you'll always have a rubber band in case of an emergency.
Yes, it has to be black.
If you open your console and someone SEES a rubberband mod, and it is of normal color, they will probably sneak some change back into your change drawer to help you out a little... lol

Dr. Hunter

Reaction score
What works better the rubber band or the binder clip? What happens if you use both? Are they compatible is there a forscan code for this?

Do you return it back to stock before getting any work done on it?

Jack_Toepfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about compatibility, but a friend of mine couldn't find the black bands, so we bought one of the cheap Chinese ones and used plasti-dip on it. We can strip the paint off of it and return it through Amazon if need be.
I imagine because the binder clip simply interferes with the sliding of the tray and doesn't actually leave any traces in the ECM you could probably still get your sticker put back on your windshield if you filed a claim through the dealer.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all fun and games until a serious question comes around..

Will this fit or cause any rubbing? How much lift on the center console do I need?

lio0004img1.jpg

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What works better the rubber band or the binder clip? What happens if you use both? Are they compatible is there a forscan code for this?

Do you return it back to stock before getting any work done on it?

I'm researching that now.

My son and I might tackle the rubber-band install over his spring break. I'm hoping by then someone will upload a YouTube vid so I can follow along. Otherwise we might just dive right into switching out the valve caps on my tires.
*We ordered some nice mat black ones from PepBoys.