I started the mods on my new 2017 Ruby Red Supercrew!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought this beauty home last Wednesday. I figured it had been stock long enough - time to start modding it!

32809877290_f751dbd841_b.jpg

First thing that UAW sticker had to go. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for American workers but I'm pretty OCD and I don't like unnecessary stickers on my windshield. So a minute with the paint scraper and a few more with the Goo Gone and some paper towels and that sticker is history. Whew, time for a beer and to admire my work.

32377287243_c8cb08606c_b.jpg

Next up, I can't stand how the coin tray slides from side to side, responding with a bang and the sound of jangling coins every time I take a corner at speed in my sweet new ride. Time to fabricate a solution. Eureka, mini binder clip installed! (My 2011 had rubber strips installed in the grooves of the coin tray so it didn't slide around as much. Did they just forget to install these in the 2017, anyone else have this issue?)

32809876930_07a095855d_b.jpg

Time to start laying down some cash for my next mod - the Stubby!

32809877240_fd7e11431c_b.jpg

Well I figure that was enough work for now, time for more beer. They are only going to be getting much more expensive from here on out. Case in point, I have a BakFlip MX4 that should be here before the weekend. Hope you guys enjoy this post as much as I did making it. :ROFLJest:

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What has this world come to when removing a sticker, adding a binder clip and new antenna is considered a "mod"?

Congrats on the new truck!

It’s a brave new world TH, everybody’s a winner and all.

still, you have to admire the cost effectiveness of this ‘mod’.

krock77

Reaction score
about time we start seeing some sensible gen2 mods!!

Hey Downforce137, don't you think it's time for a set of your favorite caliper covers????? Come on, let the secret out!!!! One wheel at a time. It makes for a good four day job....