I mounted a 41.5" Inspired Engineering LED light bar behind the grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After mounting Rigid duallys in the front bumper and Rigid SR-Q flush mounts in the rear bumper, I really wanted the large light bar for the upper grill but I just couldn't justify the price of the 40" bar from Rigid. A friend recommended Inspired Engineering lights and I purchased a 41.5" light bar for $531.00 after a discount code I found on the JK forum. I now see lights that look identical to this one (same specs, same mount, same housing) on Amazon from MicTuning and NadoTuning for under $300!

I mounted it up behind the same grill "bumpers" where the Rigid light bar mounts, although I had to fabricate my own brackets. I used some 4" x 4" aluminum angle cut to 1" width for the mounts. After a fair amount of time measuring, cutting, and drilling I was able to get the brackets to fit. I sprayed them black with some BBQ grill paint I had on hand to make them look nice. The existing screws on the bumper were inserted into some pressed-in nylon nuts that didn't seem sturdy enough for me so I pulled those out and used some longer bolts, flat washers, and lock washers. I also had to trim a little bit of plastic from the housing on the front of the radiator to get the bar in place. I am very pleased with how it turned out - it's very sturdy and very bright!

13838973213_9c665ac64a_c.jpg
13838953813_8f3323acd8_c.jpg
13838908875_7aaa8c0150_c.jpg
13839283774_7febc3da14_c.jpg
13838916115_b2890e2c8d_c.jpg

Last edited:

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice job...looks great. I hope it performs up to your expectations. The price seems right.

OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some night pics please

I'll try to take some tonight and will post them up.

looks great. The LED's must be the 3 watts each.

240W total and 80 LEDs so that should be right. They are CREE LED's and the specs look good:

240W total power
CREE LED's
Plug and Play wire harness included
Available in Spot and Flood mixed pattern. Flood, or Spot alone available at Special order
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Durable Polycarbonate Lens with the Inspired Engineering Logo in your choice of color. Red is standard.
Sturdy cast Aluminum Housing
60,000+ Hour Lifespan
Waterproof IP68 Certified
Water Resistant connector harness
Turn on and off instantly, Unlike HID, no need to warm up
Versatile usage, from 4x4, Marine, ATV, and many others!
Protected from over and under volt delivery
Compatible with 12 volt and 24 volt systems
Stainless steel mounting hardware and bracket
6000K color temperature
Light output: 17600 lumen

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shark

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I tried to take some night pics with my cellphone but these look like crap to me. The cellphone camera automatically adjusted the brightness level down and these pics don't really do justice to showing how bright they lights really are. Taking good pics of lights at night probably takes a real camera and some actual photography skill, LOL!

13838934805_6969628903_c.jpg

Last edited: