I LOST THE AMBIENT LIGHTS AFTER FORSCAN SETTINGS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLJ

Reaction score
ALOHA Everybody! Need some help please. I did a few successful mods on my 2019 Raptor 802A Version 3.3 Sync. I Used the forscan spreadsheet for 2015-2019 F150'S I changed the "heat/ac seats icons to dash". I used the Sync 3 digit setting and changed the number to 2 in the APIM 7D0-01-01. Nothing happened, no Icons. Then I used the Sync 2 number of 6. It worked I had Icons. In the plain english for Apim there is no heated/ac seat Icons to enable. I've noticed some youtube videos people have the seat icons option in the plain english. Then I changed the to "Use NAV. in motion", "The engine temp display in 8"cluster", "disabled double horn honk", and "fake engine noise". Driving to work in the dark this morning I noticed I had no ambient lights in the cab while driving. So, Tonight I put all the stock digits back in all the Apim's I changed and then did a factory reset on Sync via settings. Still no ambient lights I only get ambient lights when a door is open. Can anybody help me out please?! I really liked the ambient lights. I'm assuming the problem would be in the APIM module?? Thanks guys!

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALOHA Everybody! Need some help please. I did a few successful mods on my 2019 Raptor 802A Version 3.3 Sync. I Used the forscan spreadsheet for 2015-2019 F150'S I changed the "heat/ac seats icons to dash". I used the Sync 3 digit setting and changed the number to 2 in the APIM 7D0-01-01. Nothing happened, no Icons. Then I used the Sync 2 number of 6. It worked I had Icons. In the plain english for Apim there is no heated/ac seat Icons to enable. I've noticed some youtube videos people have the seat icons option in the plain english. Then I changed the to "Use NAV. in motion", "The engine temp display in 8"cluster", "disabled double horn honk", and "fake engine noise". Driving to work in the dark this morning I noticed I had no ambient lights in the cab while driving. So, Tonight I put all the stock digits back in all the Apim's I changed and then did a factory reset on Sync via settings. Still no ambient lights I only get ambient lights when a door is open. Can anybody help me out please?! I really liked the ambient lights. I'm assuming the problem would be in the APIM module?? Thanks guys!

sorry have to check, did they revert to off in settings?

I had some weird issues after doing forscan with my APIM took a couple complete shut down cycles for it to come back normal, could be that.

OP
OP
BLJ

BLJ

Reaction score
I got it figure out thanks to a member. I'm fairly new to this awesome forum and I'm still trying to figure out how to delete a thread I started.

OP
OP
BLJ

BLJ

Reaction score
The ambient light setting in Sync gets switched back to off when changing APIM's with forscan. All you have to do is turn it back on.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes this is an annoyance. I have to reset sync quite a bit due to Apple CarPlay failing to launch and every time I have to go back and turn on the ambient lights.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so why did you switch to Sync 2 config when you have Sync 3 ? So, the Sync 2 config is A6 change and not just the 6 number you changed so now you confused the system, thus losing your lighting. Change back to your original number and re-write. Then go back. Do you have the heated steering wheel too ? If so, that number should be a 6, if not thats your problem.

OP
OP
BLJ

BLJ

Reaction score
Because the Sync 3 number of 2 did not work. Sync 2 number of a6 did. I know one digit means a lot in these setting. Sorry, Forgot to add an A with my 6 in my post. What I found out is that the ambient light setting in sync switches to off. This next time I added the seat Icons via the plain English way on forscan. Everything works now, lights and icons. I already had the heated steering wheel on display from the factory. ONTHEBRAKE I do have a rookie question for you if I may? I have looked everywhere on this forum on how to delete this thread. I've looked In my own member setting and tried every way else to delete this thread since the problems resolved. Do you know how? Also, I like to thank you for the input on your first reply. Mahalo