GEN 1 I expect Gen 1 Raptors to hold their value or maybe even tick up with the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck has been for sale for about a month now. I have not had an offer over $22k. One person has looked at it and disappeared. I will say, it has some things that need attention but nothing that a potential buyer would see via pics or descriptions. I refuse to sell it for that so it's not a concern but it has really surprised me the lack of interest it has gained thus far.

Buy my truck!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Maybe its a combination of factors including your location? The market for a Raptor is only finite. I am sure if you lived in a more appealing market for it then you would have better luck. Hell I was offered 32 grand by a dealer ship for mine with 70 thousand miles on it just a few months ago. They would sell it for 36 ish I am sure. I would take it to Autotrader where you will hit a lot more people and get more exposure.

r4ptr

Reaction score
Decrease in Gen 1 Raptor price??

BEFORE THIS GETS OUT OF CONTROL, RELAX!!! I AM JUST OPENING THIS UP FOR DISCUSSION AND NO NEED TO GET YOUR ******* IN A BUNCH!!

I give that disclaimer because I was apart of one of these threads on the Corvette Forum and people went crazy with this topic...

Anyways.... I was curious on what everyone's thoughts are on the for sale price of the Gen 1 Raptors. I would assume that the used price is going to decrease, however the Raptor value has held strong and is damn near an investment when one is purchased from Ford. Usually a car looses a lot of value when it rolls off the lot but that doesn't seem to be the case for the Raptor.

My experience (with the corvette) is that the used sale price was only close to MSRP for a year or two, but then by 2007 the used price was at least half of the MSRP. The only model that really held its value was the C6 Z06 but now that the new C7 and C7 Z06 have been released, the C6 Z06 price has dropped.

My point is that the raptor's value seems to hold a lot more than the corvette, but I wonder if the raptor will follow the corvettes used price trend now that the next generation raptor is upon us.

Thoughts???

-Michael

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess you'll just have to wait and see.

Seriously, only time will tell....

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its a combination of factors including your location? The market for a Raptor is only finite. I am sure if you lived in a more appealing market for it then you would have better luck. Hell I was offered 32 grand by a dealer ship for mine with 70 thousand miles on it just a few months ago. They would sell it for 36 ish I am sure. I would take it to Autotrader where you will hit a lot more people and get more exposure.

The market has changed quite a bit since a few months ago. The trucks simply aren't fetching as much as they were before.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The market has changed quite a bit since a few months ago. The trucks simply aren't fetching as much as they were before.

In your area but come to Arkansas your truck would sell for 30 grand in one day here. It is too cold up North for me and you don't have the need as much for what the Raptor can do. Go to a good southern state and the Priuses disappear as the Raptors reappear. I have been to the Ohio Indianapolis rust belt of decay never ever to return.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
uh yeah

6.2 liter BOSS motor> than 3.5 liter turbo v6 ecoboot with 10 speed transmission