How will the Raptor compare to my Silverado 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlasherMcGee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered up a new Raptor Screw on Tuesday. In the past I've owned all Chevy trucks:

97 single cab WT
2001 extended cab 1500
2006 crew dab 1500

I only had very minor issues with them over the years, and never even considered switching to Ford until I saw the Raptor. Having said that, has anyone else made the switch from Chevy before and if so how have you fared? Any regrets?

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a Chevy, but you're kind of comparing apples to oranges here... Silverado vs F150 is one thing, but it's hard to compare it to a Raptor. They're just different animals.

The Raptor should do just about everything your Chevy did just as well, plus ridiculous offroad capabilities.

The only downsides I know of are gas mileage, god-complex, and spending yourself poor on modifications.

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2004 Chevy Z71 5.3 regular cab with stepside bed, I loved that truck. Traded it in when I ordered my Raptor.

No comparison.

I've had my 2013 Scab raptor for over a month. It is a lot more truck. Very comfortable, Fast , high tech & much larger truck. Gas milage is about the same. No complaints yet.

Attachments

• 2004silverado.jpg
    2004silverado.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope you revive this thread AFTER you've had the Raptor for a while and post your thoughts. I would be interested in the comparison from a long time Chevy driver.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, but REALLY!

Believe me you will enjoy the Raptor way more than ever did that/thoses Chevys.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How will the Raptor compare to my Silverado 1500?

There is no comparison.

That said, both trucks have doors, windows, seats, boxes, wheels, tires and shocks, etc. That's all that's similar.

It's like comparing your high school's football team to a Super Bowl champion NFL team. They both play football and that's about it.