Question on installing my new system into 2019 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

special K

Reaction score
Hi all, first time post, I recently ordered a new 2019 Raptor crew cab that should arrive any day! traded my 2015 Chevy Silverado in for this beauty. I ordered the 802A with B&O system, a while back I purchased all my sound equipment, my plan is or equipment I have to install is

Zen Interface
Hertz Millie MLK 1650.3 6.5 with tweeters for front
Hertz MPX 165.3 6.5 Rear door
Audison Quatro Amp for direct on front speakers
Audison SR2 for rear speakers
Audio Control DM-810
JL Audio 10TW3 Sub
JL Audio RD 500/1 Amp for Sub.

My questions is I had a custom stack fab single box ordered for my Silverado to slide under the rear seat but knowing that I would one day trade in for a raptor I never installed any of the equipment. So the time has come to do the install once the truck come in. I am going to use AudioLab in Irvine to do the install, they have done a few raptors so far and that was my biggest concern that they had done one before and know how to get to all the bolts to not put a scratch in anything. My goal is to make my system appear that is 100% stock and completely unnoticeable to the eye, which leads me to my next question. Since my box wont fit, I would love to make use of the stock sub box in the truck, Just cause I always need the space and don't have to worry about it being in the way, Will the stock sub box work, could it even handle that sub (air space requirements?) just don't want it to sound like junk, but really don't want a box under the rear seat if its possible, also if I could even fit all that equipment behind the seat to hide it. Last but not least am I risking anything doing this install with my 360 camera? Has anyone ever noticed delays, issues once you hook up to the Zen, warranty voids with Ford? Thanks for all your help and responses.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
1) I wouldn’t do it “right away” after buying the truck. A lot of us have had mysterious sync behavior and some have had to replace hard parts. make sure yours is stable before you mod. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Ford blamed an APIM or similar failure on aftermarket stereo
2) sub enclosure; Mobile Toys makes a behind the seat sub box in which you have to relocate the jack and the passenger seat then hides the sub behind the seat. I’ve got this and there’s a thread in the gen2 audio forum on the install. Before this I used the stock enclosure with an 8” kicker. I’m not sorry I did it, but the 10” is superior in every way.
3) I’ve got a ’17, which is sony and easier to mod than the b&o but, generally speaking the DSP available make it so you can mod the signal with the stock head unit.

I’m going to defer to those more knowledgeable on the specific components on sound and quality, but I hope this helps.

OP
OP
S

special K

Reaction score
Great I appreciate the response, I read your thread about the box from Mobile Toys, I am looking to go with a single 10, all and all how was the fit on your box, looks like it was very tight?

smurfslayer

Reaction score
yeah, it’s very tight. As in, sub impacts the back of the seat when folded up tight. I think if I was going to do this again I’d pull the seat mounts and see if I could gain a little space. With the seat down, everything is fine. with the seat up, I haven’t pushed the sub hard - half volume or so tops.

You have to cut the liner on the rear wall and of course move the jack.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, it’s very tight. As in, sub impacts the back of the seat when folded up tight. I think if I was going to do this again I’d pull the seat mounts and see if I could gain a little space. With the seat down, everything is fine. with the seat up, I haven’t pushed the sub hard - half volume or so tops.

You have to cut the liner on the rear wall and of course move the jack.

install shop they cut and moved my rear seat up just a little bit so on full sub excursion does not hit back of seat

smurfslayer

Reaction score
any chance you know how much relief they needed?

With the 10 inch, it’s only about a 4 x 6 inch (maybe) section that hits. Its not a big deal for me, but ... I’d like to be sure I’m not going to damage the sub with the seat locked up.