How to remove SVT side vent.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering doing this with very thin stainless sheeting. If I do it, I'll snap a few pictures...

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a small sheet of 304 stainless coming and will do it early next week. I will post the results.

F150SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering doing this with very thin stainless sheeting. If I do it, I'll snap a few pictures...

The heating and cooling guys use an aluminum foil duct tape(looks like polished stainless) they use on duct work. This would look nice and would probably be better than putting a piece of stainless steel behind it.

image.aspx

Click here for more info. I "think" you can get this at your local Home Depot or hardware store.

I have a blue flame raptor and am trying to decide on white vinyl or the aluminum foil duct tape. I need to see if I still have a roll of the aluminum foil duct tape around to see how it looks. Not sure if I still have it....or where it might be at. :(

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was originally looking at the tape too. I got some very thing guage SS and will take a look. I figured if it works, it will hold up better than a metal tape. I will let you know.

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Experiment failed. I cut really nice sized very thin pieces of stainless. Installed them. Looked AWESOME. Then just to be sure I looked down the side of the car. As one of you guys predicted, even that width was too thick. It caused the molding to stick out and there was a visible gap. From the side, it looked great. From the back looking forward, not so much...

Lessons learned. I should just listen to you guys...:)