How to remove SVT side vent.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased some silver and white sheets of vinyl from a place I found online called DecalDriveway ($5 for each large sheet). I played with both of them but liked the silver the best. It has the same metaillic flake "finish" as paint. I think it turned out pretty well. It really shines at night....

Attachments

• SVT-1-reduced.jpg
    SVT-1-reduced.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 65

HawkeyeRaptor

Reaction score
3M Reflective Tape

I used 3M prismatic safety tape - supposedly the same stuff on traffic signs. Two 8.5" x 11" sheets on ebay were 5 bucks including shipping.

Attachments

• Yellow Vent.jpg
    Yellow Vent.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 78

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
It's vinyl they use for doing lettering on vehicle graphics. Just go to your local graphics shop and ask for some scrap if they have some.

Your welcome.

I'm going to use some 16oz copper I have - should be a cool effect and I plan on incorporating it on some other accents...

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Might want to clear coat that so it doesn't oxidize.

You got it - I've got some DOW 795 silicone which will keep the lustre for about 20 years if I skim coat it.
I kinda like the patina green too - but in this climate it would take about 40 years to develop.

aboyle

Reaction score
I'm going to use some 16oz copper I have - should be a cool effect and I plan on incorporating it on some other accents...

I like the copper idea...I'm working on a "green reptile skin" for mine with backlit green led's.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I was originally looking at the tape too. I got some very thing guage SS and will take a look. I figured if it works, it will hold up better than a metal tape. I will let you know.

The tape is good - but after too much heat/cold exposure, wrinkles up and can split. (which might not make a bad look either...).

26 or 28 gauge stainless should fit - its only a little thicker than vinyl tape.