How to drive a Raptor..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For mud... Single press of traction control to allow power to be applied to non spinning wheel (especially in 2012+ with torsen front end) locker locked. As far as offroad mode, i prefer it to be turned off, the linear throttle bugs me in mud..

-Greg

Fyermanbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My preferences are, in snow just what whtrpter said 4 high not locked and leave the traction control on. For low speed I'm not a fan of offroad mode but I usually have it in 4 high to save the rear tires, (you'll chunk them away if you keep spinning the rears) As for high speed, like above 80, the offroad mode works great! Use it with the traction control held in and rear locked. Gives you lots of control! just be sure to work your way up to those speeds and get used to how things feel!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree with leaving everything on in the snow. If you're spinning, trying to gain traction or bust through a drift, you'll cut power and get stuck. I prefer driving with everything off and leaving me in control.

Banned
Reaction score
I disagree with leaving everything on in the snow. If you're spinning, trying to gain traction or bust through a drift, you'll cut power and get stuck. I prefer driving with everything off and leaving me in control.

X2
I absolutely HATED driving cars/trucks with trac control in winter. thank god my ranger doesn't have that crap.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
X2
I absolutely HATED driving cars/trucks with trac control in winter. thank god my ranger doesn't have that crap.

The raptor traction control is so active though it help. It doesnt just kill the power, it does lower it yes, but moves the power to the tires that have traction.
If you are very skilled in snow/ice conditions feel free to turn it all off, but for most people on here who have never, i strongly recommend leaving it on.

Banned
Reaction score
The raptor traction control is so active though it help. It doesnt just kill the power, it does lower it yes, but moves the power to the tires that have traction.
If you are very skilled in snow/ice conditions feel free to turn it all off, but for most people on here who have never, i strongly recommend leaving it on.

yeah i cant comment on the raptors trac control, but my experience in general with trac control i did not like it at all. i like to know what the vehicle is going to do because im in control, i dont like surprises from a computer controlling my truck.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah i cant comment on the raptors trac control, but my experience in general with trac control i did not like it at all. i like to know what the vehicle is going to do because im in control, i dont like surprises from a computer controlling my truck.

The Raptors is flat out amazing!

-Greg

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
For mud... Single press of traction control to allow power to be applied to non spinning wheel (especially in 2012+ with torsen front end) locker locked. As far as offroad mode, i prefer it to be turned off, the linear throttle bugs me in mud..

-Greg

I agree - ORM sandbags the gas pedal and you really have to be quick on it to get the truck to respond the way you are used to. Tow/Haul Ass works for me 90% of the time.
My 2012 is still a ****** to real mud, but the few times I've used 4wd i have noticed it sure likes to go straight as opposed to turning!

Sniperm - there's a lot of information in the Offroading section of the forum - including what all the buttons do and how to shut down certain things to make your ride better.