How to change oil with out making a mess everywhere?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koly

Reaction score
This + IIRC there was another forum member who tried but found there were baffles in there (most likely to reduce sloshing with the large volume of oil) which made sucking it out nearly impossible if you weren't willing to really force it. (We've all been there ;))

That makes sense since the Raptor is more tuned to higher-speed manuevering... wouldn't want to come out of a corner w/all the oil on one side of the pan!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is really a great idea, funny how it is standard on certain manufactures but how do you know? Where you able to buy this as a kit or individual parts? all from the same manufacture?

All from the same manufacturer, and there is no kit. You need to be able to specify the thread pitch, diameter, and length of each plug. Takes a little work, but is very well worth doing. A magnet serves as an open filter, attracting all metal particles. Doesn't get dirt, just metal, but does dirt get into your differential?

https://drainplugmagnets.com/

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curous (from someone who hasn't owned a Ford product in a couple decades who's currently flipping a coin on his Raptor/Bronco decision): are Fords not suited to use the suction extraction method?

I use it on my old/sold BMW M3 and current MB G-wagen, for both engine & diff oil, and always get more oil out that way vs. conventional draining via the plug. It's super easy & virtually mess free. Plus, those germans put the oil filters on the top side of the motor, providing convenient access, but that may be why the suction method may not work w/the Raptor?
I do this on BMWs and VWs but on the raptor you can Only 2 qts out