HOW TO: 2019+ Live Valve Recalibration - FORScan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueRecaro19

Reaction score
I'm trying to reset my calibration after Deaver +3HD and Fox 3.0s, but Forscan will not display the VDM module upon connection. I'm running the most recent Forscan version (2.3.59) and all the latest drivers for my OBD EX. It connects and I can run PIDs, but no VDM when viewing the dropdown. I did buy the truck used but really don't think there is a tune as it's docile in Normal mode and everything functions like stock. Anybody have any ideas?

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I'm trying to reset my calibration after Deaver +3HD and Fox 3.0s, but Forscan will not display the VDM module upon connection. I'm running the most recent Forscan version (2.3.59) and all the latest drivers for my OBD EX. It connects and I can run PIDs, but no VDM when viewing the dropdown. I did buy the truck used but really don't think there is a tune as it's docile in Normal mode and everything functions like stock. Anybody have any ideas?
I think some had issues until they tried an earlier version of Forscan.

I found this in my records, maybe it will help.

"Update (Gen 3, but may apply to Gen 2). I can confirm it's the FORScan version, not having a tune, that impacts whether VDM can load. I updated my FORScan version and lost the date there. Tried uninstalling my tune after reading this thread and no dice. Tried reverting back to FORScan 2.3.48 and bingo. VDM loads in this version even with my AccessPort installed and maps loaded"

BlueRecaro19

Reaction score
I think some had issues until they tried an earlier version of Forscan.

I found this in my records, maybe it will help.

"Update (Gen 3, but may apply to Gen 2). I can confirm it's the FORScan version, not having a tune, that impacts whether VDM can load. I updated my FORScan version and lost the date there. Tried uninstalling my tune after reading this thread and no dice. Tried reverting back to FORScan 2.3.48 and bingo. VDM loads in this version even with my AccessPort installed and maps loaded"
I also read that too. I reverted to the same version as this guy and still no VDM. My PCM is also reading as a Ford strategy, so I don't think there's a tune. Maybe I'll have to visit the dealer, which I'm not a fan of.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also read that too. I reverted to the same version as this guy and still no VDM. My PCM is also reading as a Ford strategy, so I don't think there's a tune. Maybe I'll have to visit the dealer, which I'm not a fan of.

Are you starting with a new profile when Forscan first connects?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter