HOW TO: 2011 Resonator Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimj78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on a dmh exhaust cut out with y pipe. Decided to put it in place of the resonator with advice of the exhaust shop that welded it in for me. Truck does sound deeper and much better. Open the cut out and WOW!

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on a dmh exhaust cut out with y pipe. Decided to put it in place of the resonator with advice of the exhaust shop that welded it in for me. Truck does sound deeper and much better. Open the cut out and WOW!

I had a dual set of DHM's on my 2008 Z06..... you think 6.2L's sounds good, you ought to hear 7.0L's :) Hahaha

Hey, with the Y pipe they sell, did you install on a SCAB or SCREW? I'd like to know if the Y pipe is long enough for a SCREW or not.

Also, I know the DHM comes with its own cord and switch to be mounted... but can the DHM be wired into one of the AUX switches?

-----------

Edit: Oops, I forgot the DHM's use a toggle that is pressure loaded so you can vary the amount of opening/closing on the cutout... I forgot about that, the AUX switches in the Raptor wont work, they're either full on or full off :(

Last edited:

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so are there any sensors or any thing like that in there that might affect the computer or warranty in someway. Or was the resonator put there only to lower the noise?

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sweet, I may order one of those and weld in a cut out. Pretty cool as you can put the exhaust back to stock if you ever need to. Just swap the resonator back in.

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so are there any sensors or any thing like that in there that might affect the computer or warranty in someway. Or was the resonator put there only to lower the noise?

This won't affect anything. Warranty or otherwise; Ford can't say a word. It's their own part from 2010 and you didn't mess with anything emissions related.

The resonator is just there to quieten things down a bit.

My exhaust is technically still "stock" haha. Just 2010-spec.

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This won't affect anything. Warranty or otherwise; Ford can't say a word. It's their own part from 2010 and you didn't mess with anything emissions related.

The resonator is just there to quieten things down a bit.

My exhaust is technically still "stock" haha. Just 2010-spec.

thanks! anyone have any videos of how this sounds?

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez ya'll... it just makes the 2011 trucks sound like a 2010.

There's several videos of stock 2010 6.2's on youtube.

Or, use your imagination. All the places where the exhaust note gets more pronounced and 'deep' with the resonator installed; simply gets louder/deeper with it removed. Especially @ the 2k rpm point. Also, where the resonated system is near-silent under part throttle conditions between 2-3k; removing it adds just a touch more exhaust note through there. Makes it sound really sweet instead of nothingness.

This is not a huge step as far as volume goes. It's just a nice increase from a stock '11 setup and makes the truck sound "right" instead of nearly silent.

Startup is faintly more aggressive; but sounds about the same at idle. Only slightly more hollow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so wait………...if that replacement pipe is worth 70 some bucks how much is the resonator worth? gotta be more than just a chunk of pipe. i think il get one made.