How much for a new 3.5L HO EB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
people dont like to hear the truth. especially here when a toyota motor may cost more than a ford. 3.5 is way more run of the mill than the 3UZ. I believe you because you said entire crate motor. Thats the entire thing as a turn key. I still called Sparks and other dealers because i was dealing with the magnuson pinging issue and worried about detonating the entire motor. The rods are frail especially from pinging that the S/C's create from aggressive timing and high IAT's. TRD's tune was much much more conservative but they still pulled it as it was a liability. DAP never came out with one for the flex fuel which i was disappointed.

One things for sure, i miss the sound and the power and reliability of it though. The raptor even with a tune feels like a complete slouch.

I don’t know what kind of tune you’re running but my Raptor with a tune is anything but a slouch. For a 6000lb truck it’s ****** quick. Judging by your post are you sure you even have a Raptor? Sounds like you drive a Toyota.

OP
OP
Cuzin Eddie

Cuzin Eddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor with a tune will out perform the Tundra. The Tundra Supercharged is rated at 550hp with the new Magnuson SC and then add a Bully Dog tuner or DAP Tune and you will gain even more. However, where the Raptor gets the Tundra is in the tranny. The old 6 speed has too big of gaps between gears.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor with a tune will out perform the Tundra. The Tundra Supercharged is rated at 550hp with the new Magnuson SC and then add a Bully Dog tuner or DAP Tune and you will gain even more. However, where the Raptor gets the Tundra is in the tranny. The old 6 speed has too big of gaps between gears.
The 6 speed does have gaps 100%. the 10speed gearing feels like my R6 or R1 where its closer together.

take this with a grain of salt. This is my personal experience owning both from a dig or on the highway, the magnuson tundra feels like it has a quicker delivery. Does it run out of steam too? absolutely. I would like to compare my whipple/raptor with a magnuson tundra and see how it compares side by side.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude. Your Tundra isn't faster than a tuned Gen 2 Raptor. Take that with a dose of reality. Toyota is 1-2 DECADES behind in development. I heard the new Camry is nice, though.

:lol2:

OP
OP
Cuzin Eddie

Cuzin Eddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude. Your Tundra isn't faster than a tuned Gen 2 Raptor. Take that with a dose of reality. Toyota is 1-2 DECADES behind in development. I heard the new Camry is nice, though.

Just so you know...I did edge my buddy in my Tundra not too long ago. But the Raptor was stock! I don’t think I could get him if he was tuned.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I read that ford is also sinking and getting rid of passenger cars. So who's the loser here?

Hilarious that FRF guys crack when other fanatics defend their brand, when they themselves do it as well. Pot meet kettle.

I'm not here to measure ***** BRO. Just stating my experience.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read that ford is also sinking and getting rid of passenger cars. So who's the loser here?

Hilarious that FRF guys crack when other fanatics defend their brand, when they themselves do it as well. Pot meet kettle.

Toyota trucks are indefensible. They are outdated and outclassed.

And yeah man, like I already said, I hear the new Camry is pretty nice. Nobody is disputing that Toyota is a good economy car maker.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score

Good thing because your girl said mine is WAY bigger lol. Just kidding tundras are good trucks boring and ugly as all hell but good for work. What do you mean Ford is sinking? I haven’t heard that.