How long did your factory tires last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a oil change today and they checked my tires and said the rear 2 had a “2” and a “3” depth and my fronts both have “7” I’m just At about 46k miles and from doing the coin test I’m still not due for any yet In my opinion but the dealer says otherwise.
Just kinda curious how long others went before getting new ones.

Edit: I did indeed need new tires at 45k Miles

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind like my first two Kawasaki Z1000 tires (2006/2013)... I didn't "burn out" or slide anywhere on them. But most their miles were under full throttle or "heavy" braking so they didn't last long.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have like 30-35k miles on my factory BFGs (hard to tell exactly b/c I run nokian winter setup & truck has 42k on the clock) & while I definitely could get another 5k outta them I don’t think I’ll get 10k, anticipated having to swap em out sometime in the spring/summer so I already have a fresh set of Toyo AT3’s in the garage to throw on when the time comes. So for me….I’d say 35-40k tops, mine were always rotated & kept @ proper psi & still seem to be wearing a lil more in the center (crowning?) 32-36psi rear & 34-39psi front depending what I was doing (mostly @ the lower end of those pressure ranges)

Wanted to change it up a bit & see how these are vs the BFGs…they’re only 4 lbs heavier than OEM & are D rated so maybe will hold up a lil better.