How Long Can/Will Your Gen1 Last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a customer running a Whipple 2.9 on what I think is a 2012 6.2 Raptor with well over 200k of towing a few thousand pounds over the limit.
Can't comment on the rest of the truck, but the engine and S/C are still running strong (knocking on a hard wood table right now)

He might be on these forums...

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to keep it as long as possible. I just bought my 10 Scab and it has 85k and is in excellent condition. I'm the 2nd owner and it looks like the previous owner maintained it at the dealer and drove gravel roads occasionally and that's it. If I have to rebuild the motor and trans I'd do it and keep driving it. I have no interest in the EB trucks so hopefully my son will inherit mine someday.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 with 57k miles on it right now. I will probably DD it for another 5 years, with about 10 to 12k miles a year before I purchase another vehicle to lessen the miles and use the Raptor as more of a weekend adventure vehicle.

I have no doubts that with basic maintenance plus attacking any issues as soon as they arise can make these trucks reach 250K easy.
2014 with Whipple SC...56,000 and still tight and running like a brand new Raptor...Original owner used for DD 60 miles a day round trip,and when it hit 50,000 he went for a Gen 2....Sometimes I make the right decision...wonder if he is as happy as I am..?

MC15

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2012 Screw DD with 120k miles.
My challenge is to see how many miles I can put on it with normal upkeep. This may include a rebuild along the way, but I don’t think 300k is too far out there.
I’ve tried to avoid cold starts before a proper warm up. Good synthetic oil changes, etc.
I could use some suggestions on a good rotor set up. The last set only lasted me three years.

Klavius Morph

Reaction score
My '11 has 88K on it and appears to have been well maintained by the previous owner(s) so I'm optimistic that she'll run fine and last a long time.

And judging by Hoovie's latest video, the damn things are nearly indestructible. He picked up an ex-Border Patrol truck that had likely been beaten to death down there in that scorching hellscape, and it wasn't running so he got it for $7K net in a trade. Guess what was wrong? Yep... fuse 27. Running great now. :)

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove a 4x4 Datsun D21 "Hardbody" pickup for 19 1/2 years and it was still going strong when I sold it to a buddy for his grandson. It had a 2400cc 4-banger under the hood.
I think my 6.2L Raptor will go at least that long.