How Long Can/Will Your Gen1 Last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've started other threads on this part of the forum (I'm a proud Gen2 owner) because I love the Gen 1, always have.

How long do you guys expect your Gen1 to continue to roll down the highway? I'm sure you love yours and would hate to see its demise one day.

I realize nothing lasts forever. We all do.

But I got to thinking (which can be dangerous lol) with Ford stopping production of most sedans. There was a time when it seemed as if every other car (I'm going back to when I was a kid in the '60s) was an Impala. Fast forward to perhaps the '90s and the Taurus was ubiquitous. In fact, when I spotted a SHO Taurus, I'd get a woody. Now, a Taurus is a rare sighting. I'm not sure where they all went, but it must be to car heaven. (or Cuba.)

So for those of you for whom your Gen1 is a DD, with high miles, do you plan on keeping it until the pieces literally fall off, or do you think with proper maintenance and the awesome V8, It can literally last for another 10 or more years and you have every intention of keeping it that long?

Thanks for your time. As I say, I'm a huge Gen1 fan and so have a lot of interest in it and its owners.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've started other threads on this part of the forum (I'm a proud Gen2 owner) because I love the Gen 1, always have.

How long do you guys expect your Gen1 to continue to roll down the highway? I'm sure you love yours and would hate to see its demise one day.

I realize nothing lasts forever. We all do.

But I got to thinking (which can be dangerous lol) with Ford stopping production of most sedans. There was a time when it seemed as if every other car (I'm going back to when I was a kid in the '60s) was an Impala. Fast forward to perhaps the '90s and the Taurus was ubiquitous. In fact, when I spotted a SHO Taurus, I'd get a woody. Now, a Taurus is a rare sighting. I'm not sure where they all went, but it must be to car heaven. (or Cuba.)

So for those of you for whom your Gen1 is a DD, with high miles, do you plan on keeping it until the pieces literally fall off, or do you think with proper maintenance and the awesome V8, It can literally last for another 10 or more years and you have every intention of keeping it that long?

Thanks for your time. As I say, I'm a huge Gen1 fan and so have a lot of interest in it and its owners.

Plan on keeping mine until I can sell it at Barret Jackson for a cool $500K ... wishful thinking since I'm not gonna live another 50 years...but fun to dream....
But seriously...I'd hope if I keep mine stock and mint like it is now,it will of given me years of fun and shit eating grins,and might even become collectable...with very little $downside$,since I did buy used and 1st owner took most of the hit.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I expect my Gen 1 to last a ton longer than my Gen 2 or my 13 EB lol (which my 6.2 has already beaten the 17 in miles and time owned).

I bought my Gen 1 with the intention of driving it till it breaks, then I can simply rebuild the engine for a fraction of the cost and keep on going. Plus with companies like McNeil Racing offering Gen 2 conversion kits and 4DTech doing sync 3 upgrades I see no reason to go back to the headache that was my EBs.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I expect my Gen 1 to last a ton longer than my Gen 2 or my 13 EB lol (which my 6.2 has already beaten the 17 in miles and time owned).

I bought my Gen 1 with the intention of driving it till it breaks, then I can simply rebuild the engine for a fraction of the cost and keep on going. Plus with companies like McNeil Racing offering Gen 2 conversion kits and 4DTech doing sync 3 upgrades I see no reason to go back to the headache that was my EBs.
What are EBs.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't use mine as a DD, and it only has 76K miles on it, so I expect it to go about another 20 years at 10800 miles a year average. The naturally aspirated Ford motors I've owned have been good to about 300K using Castrol full synthetic and proper maintenance. Actually, the motors have tended to outlast the rest of the trucks and been still going good when I got rid of the rigs....

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 with 57k miles on it right now. I will probably DD it for another 5 years, with about 10 to 12k miles a year before I purchase another vehicle to lessen the miles and use the Raptor as more of a weekend adventure vehicle.

I have no doubts that with basic maintenance plus attacking any issues as soon as they arise can make these trucks reach 250K easy.