How is parking a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chucky10

Reaction score
Hi Im looking at buying a new ford raptor. Right now I drive a Mercedes S550 and a Chevy silverado 1500 ext cab. I am a real estate developer and I want to just drive one car instead of two. I thought the raptor would be great. I drive to different buildings throughout the day and have to park in a lot of different spots. How hard are they to park? Do you get used to them? How different would it be from my Silverado?

Thanks,
Charles

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I find it very easy to back up, and I can put it in any hole big enough to accomodate it.

But that's the catch - it's quite wide. You need a wide spot for it. I park between 2 full size trucks at work, and it's tight getting out of the truck.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, it fits real easy in a parking spot. Just depends whether you want to get out of the truck or not! Definitely wider than any other 1/2 ton trucks.

It all depends on how you are about your vehicles. If door dings and scraps don't bother you than parking won't be a problem. I am a neat freak with OCD, so door dings and careless people flinging their doors open irritates me! I work in the concrete jungle every now again and I park as far away as possible.

I wouldn't not buy the truck because it is more difficult to park. It just takes some getting used too.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same "worry". I think I remember the Raptor specs called-out the truck being 7" inches wider than a "standard" pick-up. I rationalized to myself that's 3.5" on each side -- which is absolutely nothing!

I've never had a parking problem that I can blame on the Raptor. Some tight spots call for an economy-type vehicle -- any truck is problematic -- and I've squeezed into many of those too-tight spaces but I certainly didn't blame the problem on 3.5"!

I've driven dually's for years and once you're used to them, even they don't present all that much of a problem.

I'm in real estate development also -- get the Raptor, you'll never regret a moment of driving the truck.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the most part, not problem parking in most car parks. I have to reverse my way out of a couple downtown garages when I top out on pipes, but that is just plain fun :). I agree with everyone else regarding parking width. I can get it into almost any space reversing in, but opening the door and climbing in and out is another story. It takes about a week of parking to get the hang of where, when and how to stow this beast, and I wouldnt trade it for anything.

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know you can always take up two spots ;). It's easy with a revers camera and if it's a tight spot just shimmy down the running boards to close the door. Anyways the raptor is way easier than my old Dodge Magnum. The fun you will have with the truck will more than make up for the little parking troubles you may have.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
so ill pitch in here.

My trucks a daily driver....
When im on the narrow streets of toronto which are filled with number 1 bad drivers in north america I'm goooood...... IF i need to parallel park and cant be bothered to find a new spot and the car infront of me is a crappy car... and it's winter.... i pushed a few with my bumper forward so i can get the spot... No damages so dont complain... ive done alot worse things before lol. 2 days ago i moved a G55 AMG while parallel parking... was the only spot i could find... had a date with the girl.... not making her walk in a miniskirt and high heels for 10 minutes in nasty slush... the G55 had 4-5 feet infront of him then another car.....

I went slow slow slow slow until i got on his tail then evvery so gently pushed it all the way to the other car lol.... no damages... i got out and checked....
buddy told me if the owner would of came out that second he would of been pissed off..... so i told him.... not as pissed off as seeing my tires climb on his "luxury offroader" HAHHAHA

parking lots i usually take up 2-3 spots.... if i cant find a empty 2-3 spots ill park in the very back, my girl doesnt mind the walk.
the only troubles are underground but i avoid those. also back up into your spot its alot easier than driving into one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter